George graham

I think the new game is really good apart from the fact that manager relationships with their staff needs to be improved drastically, its all very well them occassionally leaving with the manager but that manager never reappoints them when they move onto another club, i now it sounds petty but it makes a big difference to how the future could plan out.

Also SI why do you not add managers like Dalglish, and the legendry George Graham. It's all very well thinking they've retired but when you do this they usually come back. Look at what happened with Kevin Keegan last year when you missed him off the database, and look and what happened at Newcastle with Joe Kinnear. Please just add these legends and tidy this staff issue up, it would make the game so much better and less predictable.

1. The relationships between managers and staff can be very strong. Managers will sometimes emply ex-staff or leave the club with the staff. This generally only happens over long-term games, which could explain why you haven't seen it.

2. We don't include older managers and stuff for size issues. If we kept in every old manager that might possibly one day return to football our database would be enormous for no reason.

but if you added in say them 2 managers ( and i would love to see kenny in the game ) then you got to add in alot more managers as well because people would complain about not including there favoruite manager. and so as stated it would take up alot of space which could be put to use for better things.

yeah but kenny dalglish and george graham, after all he has been linked with the sunderland job and newcastle

"linked" being the key word, no more than newspaper talk.

I really see no need for additional unemployed AI managers, what difference would it make to the game?

it adds some surprice to the game, the odd shock like joe kinnear at newcastle. Pundits having one last crack of the wip maybe training a younger coach like shearer. If sunderland had done that with Keane he might have been a better manager for them.

check for him on data editor, theres a lot of old players in there that never load into the game, but if you put them at small clubs at coaches they appear and some soon evolve into managers. I gave john aldridge a job in 08 as a coach at accrinton as he was in the database. By 2010 he was the liverpool manager

yeah but i cant put in his non-playing history because it wont let me for some reason i can only add playing history as a player. Could'nt si do an update pack to add him

Then you are doing something wrong when loading up the DB.

I have just put him in my game as a test (took him straight out again) with both his playing and non-playing history.

When you open up the editor, click on the 'Edit' button, this gives a drop-down menu that says 'Options', click on that, this allows you to load P & NP history, which can be inserted when creating your new manager.

Hope that helps.

yeah mate i know that but it only loads player history on my database it never loads the non-playing history for anyone and i cant understand why cos i but the update on

Yes, I see what you mean. Although for managers currently in the game, their none-playing history is now listed under 'achievments'.

The DB has some kind of problem in that respect, I suppose you could still have him in their, although in all reality I doubt VERY much the likes of him or Dalglish would ever return to management at a PL level.

The game has moved on way too much for these two, brilliant though they were.

Archived