Question About DRM 5 Times

I bought FM09 and can obviously use the game without the CD. I just sold the game on Ebay, do I have to uninstall mine first, or can someone else use the same game 5 times simultaneously? Or do I need to refund the person I am sending to?

No different to people selling stuff at car boot sales etc. I bought the game genuinely, so I can do what I like with it. Same as it is supposed to be illegal lending a friend a CD or DVD you rented out. What if I gave FM to him for nothing? Lol.

Besides, if you can sell the game because of the 5 times licenses, and it is illegal, then why would SI not do it by only installing it once period until you uninstalled? For example, Farcry2, someone wanted to lend it but it wouldn't work because I already installed on mine.

How many people do you see selling second hand DVDs and games etc on Ebay? You telling me everyone of those people (thousands) are all committing a crime and should be banged up for it? Lol.

But isn't that completely different? When you sell a DVD you can never use it again, but you selling FM09 while keeping the licence will mean you're still able to use it without paying for the use of it.

How many people do you see selling second hand DVDs and games etc on Ebay? You telling me everyone of those people (thousands) are all committing a crime and should be banged up for it? Lol.

No because they are giving up their only version of the DVD, game, etc. This really isn't as complicated as you are making it.

If you sell a DVD you can no longer watch it, you have passed it to the buyer. It is no longer in your possession.

If you sell FM09 but keep it installed on your machine, you will still be able to use it. A copy is still in your possession. You need to uninstall when you sell so that you do not break the law. If this wasn't the case, then we could all share 1 copy with 4 of our mates. The license is for one user. Understand?

So what's the point in having a license for 5 times then? And if I let someone borrow it within the same household, technically speaking that be illegal?

Technically, yes. The 5 licenses allow the one user to install the game on 5 machines if they wish.

So what's the point in having a license for 5 times then? And if I let someone borrow it within the same household, technically speaking that be illegal?

Its incase you play FM at home on more than one PC. And yes, lending it to someone you know would be illegal also as far as I know.

Why the hell would u wanna play on 5 different computers?!

If you had a few computers in your house & for example, maybe you had a laptop & a desktop, & when it wasn't convenient to play on the desktop, you would like to use FM on the laptop on occasions.

Archived