Relaying the pitch question

Ive asked my board 3 times to relay the pitch (which is in poor condition)

But they got annoyed and if i ask once more i'll be sacked

boardannoyedlb7.th.jpg

My question is,how do i get my board to relay the pitch without risking getting the sack ? is this a known bug ?

Cheers

aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Please do a search

I think it will be relaid between end of old and start of new season

First off,don't tell me to do a search,sick of you forum police,if anyone tells me to search then it better be a mod,not a wannabee mod.

And i'm halfway through the second season and no new pitch was relayed at the begining of season 2

I'll bookmark this thread and come back later when someone from SI has helped me on this,but im sure there busy locking threads atm ;)

First off,don't tell me to do a search,sick of you forum police,if anyone tells me to search then it better be a mod,not a wannabee mod.

OK then, do a search please! I believe the pitch needs to be Very Poor or lower to consider being relayed. There have been a few threads on this, your answer is probably there. There are also a couple of known issues with pitch relaying.

Also, if someone does ask you to do a search they're not being an arse: they're just helping out the 'ordering' of the forums. This place is very busy and can get very messy with duplicate threads. The person who asked you to search was not on a power trip, but wants these forums to run smoothly; your attitude in return was pretty rude IMO.

aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Please do a search

I think it will be relaid between end of old and start of new season

OK then, do a search please! I believe the pitch needs to be Very Poor or lower to consider being relayed. There have been a few threads on this, your answer is probably there. There are also a couple of known issues with pitch relaying.

Also, if someone does ask you to do a search they're not being an arse: they're just helping out the 'ordering' of the forums. This place is very busy and can get very messy with duplicate threads. The person who asked you to search was not on a power trip, but wants these forums to run smoothly; your attitude in return was pretty rude IMO.

lol @ the "do a search" don't need to now do i,thanks for replying mr

My attitude rude,when you get constant saying "do a search" or acting like they run the forum then i get defensive,wasn't intending to be rude,that person could have worded it in another way like "others have had this issue and there is info elsewhere on the forums" get my drift,anyways lock this as i now know my answer thanks to you (Y)

And i'm halfway through the second season and no new pitch was relayed at the begining of season 2

I'll bookmark this thread and come back later when someone from SI has helped me on this,but im sure there busy locking threads atm ;)

Mod wannabe / forum police mwuhahaha

You can be bothered to be rude but not be bothered to do a search.

If you get over yourself you'll see I helped. Do you think I will want to help you next time.....

yes,thats how i found out it was in poor condition,its fine now tho as it needs to be very poor before the board sorts it out.

(off topic)is there a suggestion se3ction on SI boards ? i want to suggest something for FM10,but dont want to get accused of opening a thread in the wrong place.

If it's a fully-formed idea, do a search, and if there is no relevant thread then start a new one.

If it's one or two lines, add it to the wishlist.

If only this was emblazened across the top of the page for all to see.

---

On an unrelated note, do the <marquee> or <blink> tags still work in HTML?

If only this was emblazened across the top of the page for all to see.

What, you mean this?:

"Suggestions for future versions

Individual ideas on one subject should be posted in their own topic. Please name your topics sensibly and give an indication of what it is about. If you want to list ideas then please use this Wishlist topic"

What, you mean this?:

"Suggestions for future versions

Individual ideas on one subject should be posted in their own topic. Please name your topics sensibly and give an indication of what it is about. If you want to list ideas then please use this Wishlist topic"

That would do the trick alright!

This new relaying pitch feature has brought up a bit of an issue i think. I'm managing Notts County in the Championship in 2011/2012 and I've had three matches postponed due to waterlogged pitch. It's too often to start with (and a bit odd in April), but the bigger question is - are clubs allowed to postpone matches without consequences on this level? I'm sure in reality this would mean substantial fines for the club if they fail to arrange a fixture on a set date?

I personally think this postponing feature should be exclusive to lower league teams.

This new relaying pitch feature has brought up a bit of an issue i think. I'm managing Notts County in the Championship in 2011/2012 and I've had three matches postponed due to waterlogged pitch. It's too often to start with (and a bit odd in April), but the bigger question is - are clubs allowed to postpone matches without consequences on this level? I'm sure in reality this would mean substantial fines for the club if they fail to arrange a fixture on a set date?

I personally think this postponing feature should be exclusive to lower league teams.

It is the match officials who will postpone a game, and it doesn't result in a punishment. Punishment will come from the club's local FA for failing to upkeep the ground; in Ireland (just my expertise), it could result in relegation or expulsion at the end of the year.

It is the match officials who will postpone a game, and it doesn't result in a punishment. Punishment will come from the club's local FA for failing to upkeep the ground; in Ireland (just my expertise), it could result in relegation or expulsion at the end of the year.

Right, but then eventually it would still bring sanctions. I'm fairly sure a Championship club cannot just have three matches postponed in a few months and get away with it. In fact, I remember when we were thinking about playing the local league with our pub team, I read the rules and the fines for failing to arrange a fixture were quite remarkable. And that's just an amateur league.

Right, but then eventually it would still bring sanctions. I'm fairly sure a Championship club cannot just have three matches postponed in a few months and get away with it. In fact, I remember when we were thinking about playing the local league with our pub team, I read the rules and the fines for failing to arrange a fixture were quite remarkable. And that's just an amateur league.

But the game was arranged, it was just called off because of weather. What's happening is that the pitch is in an acceptable, if poor, condition, and then the rain makes it temporarily worse. This is the case, ffor instance, with former Irish champions Shelbourne. Their pitch is below par, but acceptable even for Champions League games. However, the Irish weather can be bad for weeks at a time and every now and then, Shels can't play for up to 2 weeks. To make matters worse, Shels also rented their ground to another club, therefore the whole league was set back a little bit; 4 of the 12 teams won't have played that weekend. What happened? Nothing, really. Their pitch meets UEFA standards, and there's not a whole lot you can do if bucketloads of rain make it unplayable. Even the best surfaces can be subject to this at times, even places like Old Trafford will have a plastic sheeting cover for the pitch, because if a bad storm comes, the game will be off regardless of the multi-million euro turf.

But the game was arranged, it was just called off because of weather. What's happening is that the pitch is in an acceptable, if poor, condition, and then the rain makes it temporarily worse. This is the case, ffor instance, with former Irish champions Shelbourne. Their pitch is below par, but acceptable even for Champions League games. However, the Irish weather can be bad for weeks at a time and every now and then, Shels can't play for up to 2 weeks. To make matters worse, Shels also rented their ground to another club, therefore the whole league was set back a little bit; 4 of the 12 teams won't have played that weekend. What happened? Nothing, really. Their pitch meets UEFA standards, and there's not a whole lot you can do if bucketloads of rain make it unplayable. Even the best surfaces can be subject to this at times, even places like Old Trafford will have a plastic sheeting cover for the pitch, because if a bad storm comes, the game will be off regardless of the multi-million euro turf.

OK, I get what you're saying. So postponed matches in Championship are a regular occurrence? I guess they might be, have no clue really what the weather is like in Nottingham for example :)

OK, I get what you're saying. So postponed matches in Championship are a regular occurrence? I guess they might be, have no clue really what the weather is like in Nottingham for example :)

There is usually at least one weekend in January/February where English soccer is pretty much 50% postponed, because of frost or rain. It probably never happens 3 weeks in a row, but hey, maybe FM is simulating global warming! :D

There is usually at least one weekend in January/February where English soccer is pretty much 50% postponed, because of frost or rain. It probably never happens 3 weeks in a row, but hey, maybe FM is simulating global warming! :D

I guess then people in England are soon going to suffer from serious floods in April if FM is anything to go by :)

Indeed. I had to restart my game after my pitch being in "terrible" condition and not being relayed in three seasons.

That said, forum Nazi's who tell people to do a search are far ruder than the OP in my opinion...there are SCORES of new threads here every single day, people can't be expected to search through everything...the OP had every right to post his problem IMO...that is the purpose of this forum...let's leave the moderation to the moderators eh folks?

That said, forum Nazi's who tell people to do a search are far ruder than the OP in my opinion...there are SCORES of new threads here every single day, people can't be expected to search through everything...the OP had every right to post his problem IMO...that is the purpose of this forum...let's leave the moderation to the moderators eh folks?

There are scores of new threads because people don't search. If people searched before starting them, or even just put them into the right forums, the General Discussion forum would be a good place to discuss general things about football manager.

Also, your 'can't be expected to search through everything' line makes me think you've never even seen the search page, let alone understand what it does.

Archived