Assistant Manager issue

I am managing in Serie C2 with a newly promoted side and am only allowed one coach. I have my assistant taking that position. However in the couple of friendlies I've played I've not been able to see or use his advice. I also cannot turn to his advice for team talks. Is this normal when you only have 1 coach? Obviously I would like to use him so if anyone has experienced this before and knows how to rectify it that would be greatly appreciated :thup:

I am managing in Serie C2 with a newly promoted side and am only allowed one coach. I have my assistant taking that position. However in the couple of friendlies I've played I've not been able to see or use his advice. I also cannot turn to his advice for team talks. Is this normal when you only have 1 coach? Obviously I would like to use him so if anyone has experienced this before and knows how to rectify it that would be greatly appreciated :thup:

You can have 1 coach and 1 assistant manager. Currently you seem to just have 1 coach and no assistant manager.

In FM09, can the number of your staff be extended? i mean, you start with a C1 club and are allowed 1 coach. if his club grows, will he be able to sign more coaches?

Yes.

You can also trick your board a little bit by signing a guy as an assistant manager and then giving him a different contract as a coach.

gavin that could be the work around to my little problem!

EDIT: Nope, didn't work. I'm well and truly stumped by this - has anyone else experienced this before??

What didn't work? Obviously your Assistant has to be willing to take the coaching job - if he's not, you'll have to fire him.

What didn't work? Obviously your Assistant has to be willing to take the coaching job - if he's not, you'll have to fire him.

I moved my assistant to a coach and hired a new assistant in his place hoping that would solve the problem. But it didn't.

I moved my assistant to a coach and hired a new assistant in his place hoping that would solve the problem. But it didn't.

But now you should have 3 coaches, the first coach, the former assistant manager, and the new assistant manager

But now you should have 3 coaches, the first coach, the former assistant manager, and the new assistant manager

Thats what I do have but that still doesnt solve the initial problem - that I do not have any assistant advice during games.

Archived