Get lost Skorp

posted I've just had closed:

I'm struggling to get my head around the whole work permit concept. My understanding of it is that you have to have featured in 75% of your country's international matches and, I would think, be in the first team plans. This seems fairly straight forward, but there are some really stupid things happening.

Why, for instance can I not get a work permit for Hossan Kaebi, who has 75 caps and played every game for Iran in the current season. Yet I can buy Carlos Tordoya, who is much less experienced and able.

If you are a premiership manager, especially top four, you can sign just about anyone and they are granted a work permit. Young Brazillians, who've never been capped, are snapped up. whereas, if you are a Championship team, it becomes ridiculously difficult to get a seasoned international!

Maybe my frustration is misplaced and I should be venting at the home office!

edit: You shouldn't just sweep through threads ands close them because the theme is similar to others. I'm wanting to get other peoples experiences of the frustration with the work permit system. I didn't need to be re-directed to another thread, with a similar theme. I didn't want to hijack another thread. I wanted my own, where people can share examples of issues they've had.

Archived