New Position Training

just wanted to ask, is it ever possible to allow a player to train for a new position till it becomes his natural position, instead of being stuck at "accomplished", and they sometimes even drop to "competent" after a while.

Accomplished is as high as it will go. It's probably 19 out of 20 in terms of rating. Which is really quite good :)

I try to give any player 16 or younger another position, regardless of how long it takes. It might make them a slightly later bloomer for the first team but they're far more useful and even more likely to be drafted in as cover which improves their development no end.

i just thought he used to play midfield when he was younger and wenger started playing him upfront,obv i was wrong

He did, Monaco used to play him on the wing, but that's because they had David Trezeguet and Sonny Anderson at the time ;)

I thought he did,so it proves a player can be a natural in a new position,but in all honesty its very rare

Henry has always been a forward, regardless of whether he was played there often. It is 'winger' that is his 'accomplished' position, and it's arsene wenger at Monaco who clicked the 'train new position' button for him to use his speed and control on the wing too.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2004/oct/03/newsstory.sport1

i'm asking cos there was this once when i just took over as manager of atletico madrid midway through a season, and i got a news update that david silva has learnt to play as a left winger after putting in hours of hard work learning that position, or sth to that effect.

Archived