Snakexe's 4-4-2 Diamond

Choose the 4-4-2 Diamond default formation and modify the instructions as follows:

Emphasis - Attacking

Passing - Short

Tackling - Normal

Pressing - Yes

Offside trap - No

Counter Attack - No

Men Behind the Ball - No

Player instructions

Passing - All team

Tackling - All team, except DM which is set to Hard

Pressing - Back four and goalkeeper No, Rest Team

Pass to - All R/L/C

Set pieces (A) - DL/DR Back, rest forward.

Set Pieces (D) - All back except one striker (set to Forward) and one of the DM/AM (set to Normal), choose which depending on who is better in the air (the best should be set as back obviously)

Free role - All No

Forward runs - DL/DR, Wingers and AM Yes, rest No

Run with ball - Wingers and AM Yes, rest No

Hold up ball - All No

Long Shots - AM Yes, rest no (unless you have a DM who is especially good from long range, in which case set him as Yes aswell)

Through Balls - AM Yes, rest No

Cross Ball - DL/DR and Wingers Yes, rest No

Marking - GK (none) DL/DR (Zonal) DC/DC (Man) DM (Man) MR/ML (Zonal) AM FC FC (None)

--------------------------------------------

Won two successive Champions Leagues with Inter with this tactic, along with Serie A (turning a 20 point deficit behind AC Milan in one season to a 15 point lead the next). Toni Cassano got 25 for the season from the AM position, Angelo Palombo in the DM got 15 MoMs.

Haven't tried it with a lesser team yet, would probably need tweaking, but it's a good offensive tactic for those who want to use wingers (otherwise I'd suggest thebugels 4-3-3).

NB: I'd recommend an AM/FC for the AM position, it seems to work better (Cassano is perfect)

Edit - Sorry I can't upload, no USB cable for my PSP

2nd Match - Barnsley AWAY

Half Time Score

Barnsley 0 - 2 Wolves

Full Time Score

Barnsley 2 - 3 Wolves

I was so ANGRY when they equalized, 92nd Minuite, Beevers knocked it in!

Good So Far, Ebanks Blake Double! Beevers One

My training is Defensive to the Defenders, Offensive to Attackers ect. I put the fitness on Medium though, Bwcause it is mid season.

Quick update on how it's working out for me;

Premiership P14 W10 D3 L1 F24 A4

Champions League P6 W6 D0 L0 F17 A1

League Cup P2 W2 D0 L0 F4 A0

Edit: And I haven't conceded a single goal with Sergio Ramos in the team

I total;ly forgot you had posted this before. I just wrote a while ago on another thread that you should post it. If you can win 2 or 3 premierships in a row then i'dsay the tactic works so if I were you i'd stay at Liverpool and try to win a few things and trial this longer term also.

I total;ly forgot you had posted this before. I just wrote a while ago on another thread that you should post it. If you can win 2 or 3 premierships in a row then i'dsay the tactic works so if I were you i'd stay at Liverpool and try to win a few things and trial this longer term also.

Its great, As well working with St.forgot his names 5-4-1 tactic, I was on a mid-season slump but its good now :)

I've stopped using this tactic with Liverpool as our performances were getting a little bit stale so I wanted to shake things up a bit - might point to this not being a long-term success, but we'll see. I did win the major treble with them though so it can't be all that bad!

I'm still using it with England though, here's my record:

P8 W8 D0 L0 F21 A1

Including 3-0 against Germany, 3-0 against Croatia and 4-0 away to Romania.

• 2 weeks later...

I've addjusted your tactic a bit, playing as Tottenham. And with great success. :)

Inspired by Flameboy's "flaming 4-1-3-2" I have set the DM to long passings, which makes him very good rated in every match and makes the DM assist goals too.

Best regards, (and Merry Christmas)

Leron

going to start using this formation, looks a bit interesting, i tend to use 442 normal... with liverpool though start with £44million budget, so i went and bought Ronaldinho for my right side and give Babel free reign on the left. I do tend to struggle to score goals though so any help with that??

How badly do you struggle? It's hard to score loads of goals on FMH09 whatever formation you're using.

Does the tactic need tweaking against different types of formation the opposition uses?

I don't think so, although that'd be something to look into next time I use this formation.

I've addjusted your tactic a bit, playing as Tottenham. And with great success. :)

Inspired by Flameboy's "flaming 4-1-3-2" I have set the DM to long passings, which makes him very good rated in every match and makes the DM assist goals too.

Best regards, (and Merry Christmas)

Leron

That sounds interesting, I'll have to give that a go. Angelo Palombo always played great in the DM position for my Inter side anyway, so I'll have to see what effect this has for me.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
just put this on again and ive noticed that everything is the same as the standard set up, nothing has changed!

...No it isn't :p

I just reapplied it on my Roma game, and it's definitely different to the default.

I'm still using my 3-5-2 at the moment, seems to get me results most consistently out of every tactic. thebugel's 433 and my 4-4-2 diamond don't seem to work, St Dazzle's 4-5-1 works still in international football but doesn't score consistently enough to use over a whole league season.

I'm going to give your 4-2-4 and 4-4-2s a go next time I move clubs I think.

Archived