Pre-determined tactical substitutions

I saw a feature in an inferior management game where you could set tactical changes and substitutions before a match, according to game situations. For example, you could set a DM to come on for a striker in the last 10 minutes when you're 1 goal or so up, or switch to 3-4-3 attacking, taking a fullback off for a striker when you're behind late on. All automatically of course...

I must admit, this is not a suggestion from me. I'm on the fence on this one. My PC doesn't take 30 seconds to load the match after a substitution, so I can cope. But I do feel that it would allow lazy people like me who would rather sit back and watch his team do as he asked for 90 minutes to do just that. I've often been able to do other things during the first half, but I never let the second half play out on its own. This idea would allow me to got for that nervous ciggy during a cup final, for example.

The role of the assman hasn't been particularly well implimented, but even an option to (if it isn't already here) "allow assman to make tactical changes/substitutions" could be disguised as an aid. After all, the assman often goes on a great run of form when you holiday, albeit at the expense of team morale.

Interesting idea, as I said, I'm okay with it as it is (to an extent).

Archived