AI Long Range goals and crackers

I was managing Bolton in the first division last night. We were playing against Coventry, I was 3-1 and looking comfortbale until Stephen Elliot scored the greatest chip I have ever seen from 35 yards. Then one of there midfielders scored another 30 yarder. Finished 3-3.

I've been thinking lately that the AI score a ridicolous amount long range efforts, I'm not saying i'm atactical genious but I do alright. I'm not closing players down too much and I'm not leaving them open etc.

It just seems to me that Stephen Elliot in real life would struggle to hit the back of a bus never mind a 35 yard chip. It can in ther premiership fair enough but I've also managed Lincoln in League and same thing.

Is anyone else having the same kind of thing happen?:confused:

Yep. If you get your team playing well and denying them space to get their forwards in on goal, you'll often find the unknown long-range shooting abilities of Wes Brown and John Terry, Tel Ben Haim etc coming to the fore.

Its so frustrating, its just like the game has to produce a certain result regardless of how well your team plays, and it does it in any way necessary.

I know the feeling. But to be fair, my players have been known to channel their inner Pele and launch an absurd shot into the upper corner every so often. I like to believe it is because I've put together a great side, but my left back has done this 3 times in the first 10 games, and he is no Roberto Carlos.

Archived