Carlos Tevez on Loan??

I would like to first start off a nd appolagise if this has been discused, i have tried to search but cant find anything similar. Anyway just wondeirng as im at work and cant check, is Carlos Tevez on loan at Man Utd or is he under contract because surely if the game is true to real life he would only be on loan? The reason i ask as i see him doing a job for me as a link up man between my midfield and Fernando Torres upfront?

surely they could have coded something in to the game though, because in real life he has no permanent deal with Man Utd and if you believe some sources he wont be signing one neither. Surely they could have done something for example because he is loaned from a 3rd party maybe they could have made his contract in the game end in the summer? Theres another question how would they know his contract details for the game if he has no contract?

He'd have to be on loan from somewhere though and as far as I'm aware FM09 doesn't include murky third party ownership stuff.

I think they included MSI (I think that is who owns Tevez's contract) in FM08. Not checked Man Utd on 09 though so can't answer (even though I've played about 5 seasons!).

The Carlos Tevez situation is not as unique as it seems to us in England. The reason I mention this is that if SI started trying to code their way around Tevez's situation, they'd have to do the same for other players in similar situations. There are plenty in South America.

Now you might think that because I just said Tevez's situation isn't unique, it would be easy to code for everybody. However, it is not unqiue insofar as similar deals are common in other parts of the world. But they are only similar. There are so many different circumstances and situations that would need coding for various players, it's probably better to just stick with ordinary contracts. After all, contracts can still be set to expire when the real life loan expires.

Well, I'm not sure how you'd go about coding that in. He would have to be contracted somewhere in order for that to happen. But I don't know if it's a good idea to go down the third party ownership route.

They could just have a "Black Hole" that owns various players (any that are owned in real life by 3rd parties) since the transfer fee basically goes down a black hole as far as the game is concerned if you are paying the third party for Tevez.

Certainly I'd find it annoying if Manchester United have such a valuable asset for free and they receive the transfer fee if he moves club in summer 2009!

They could just have a "Black Hole" that owns various players (any that are owned in real life by 3rd parties) since the transfer fee basically goes down a black hole as far as the game is concerned if you are paying the third party for Tevez.

Certainly I'd find it annoying if Manchester United have such a valuable asset for free and they receive the transfer fee if he moves club in summer 2009!

If you checked in the data forum, you would have seen that The United researcher has nicked 29 million pounds of Uniteds Finances due to Tevez being owned by United ingame.

which would be your post TOMTUCK

I think Boca 'owned' him before West Ham and Man u so they could loan him from there, would be good thing to look foward to if your managing boca. I think the 80% sell on clause should apply to tevez as well as mascherano because its unfair if you want to sell Mascherano, (you would be stupid to)

Archived