No-one will loan my top youth players. Why?

I'm in my third season at Arsenal, it's mid July and I am trying to loan out Ramsey and Wilshire but despite offering them with no wage contribution needed there are no offers despite the fact that they are good enough to play anywhere. Anyone else had the same problem?

It is odd though. I don't have this problem (only that the willing clubs are too low with rubbish training facilities).

Are you sure you are in the loaning season? There is a window for loans.

He is in mid july, so the window should not be a problem

The loan season is open, they won't go to the feeder clubs, I've tried to get better feeder clubs but they always offer Motherwell and obscure Japanese clubs and I can't play them in the first team regularly because the first team is too good at the moment. Last season no clubs were interested in loaning Vela!?!

I have same problem. Top youngsters, could play at any club really, I just don't need them for a couple of seasons, so I offer them out for loan and I offer to pay all their wages, and nobody wants them. I'm in the Premiership and can't believe lower league sides wouldn't be all over them, especially for free!

If you loan them to feeder clubs you can't be sure if they'll get games. If you get teams saying they will be an important part of the first team then you know they'll get games, to be sure you can ask a scout to keep an eye on their performance, he he doesn't report back with updates you know your player is being ignored and its probably best to recall and slap him in the reserves, least that way he can make use of your amazing facilities while sat on the bench rather than use sub-par facilities and sit on a bench.

Any potential loaning club will assume that since the players are fighting for first team games at arsenal that there is no point attempting to loan them.

It'd be the same as southampton approaching man united to loan tevez. Theres no way tevez would want to leave man u when he's fighting for his first team slot. So theres no point in southampton attempting to loan him is there?

If you really really want to loan them, fine them so they get angry with you then loan them. the AI will see that they aren't happy and approach them.

Both players are looking forward to going out on loan, both players are good enough to play first team football for any team mid-table premiership or below but there is no way I can find a club to loan them, and I have tried many many times. It is a bug.

Well NEB has a point, like the OP mentioned he is in his 3rd year, so Ramsey is already 3 years at the club and maybe he has played some games in the first 2 years, other clubs would see that and would think, it makes no sence to loan that guy, he has played already many games in the first team and he want to fight for his place etc.

Report in Bugs forum.

Neb - Why you speak such nonsense?? Since when do you need to fine players and get them angry in order to loan them? This would be fine if you never wanted them but when you do it makes no sense.

I was just making the point that the reason other clubs aren't coming in to loan them is that they are happy and established first team players.

Other clubs might come in to loan them if they were unhappy. So if he really wants to loan them, there might be a demand for them on loan if they weren't being 'seen' by the AI as happy at their current club.

Its a theory I've never tried, but then I've never wanted to loan out a top class international that should be in my first team.

The example of tevez is a good one, because he is an established player that no one would dream of even attempting to loan. That is exactly what the OP is describing as his problem

Firstly, you need to make sure players are listed for loan. I’ve offered players for loan and had no offers and then listed them for loan and offered again and had a load of offers. Not saying I agree with that, but if that’s how it works then so be it.

Secondly, you need to check their squad status. If someone is a squad rotation player or even backup then it’s less likely they’ll drop down a level when there’s a good chance they might get games at their current club. I’ve tried loaning out backup players and had no offers, then dropped their status to hot prospect and tried again followed by plenty of offers. Of course there’s the risk of upsetting a player by dropping his status, but you have to decide whether the risk is worth the reward.

Lastly, I think reputation has an impact but unfortunately that’s out of your control. At Newcastle I can loan out most of my youngsters, but can’t seem to get any offers for Tim Krul, who’s probably my most promising youngster and will undoubtedly have the highest reputation. Despite setting him as a hot prospect and listing him for loan I still can’t get any offers in my first season so assume it’s because his reputation is too high for lower league club so they’re not making offers.

Same here, can't get Welbeck on loan.

He went on loan to MK Dons in my game. Many - though not all by any means - of my players offered on loan have had the offers taken up. I have 10 out on loan at the moment - 6 to my feeder club, 2 to Southampton, one to MK Dons and the other to Cardiff.

Archived