Team Talks - Suggestion

Nothing major, but is there any chance of being able to give my substitutes a separate team talk, without having to do it individually? I can set an overall team talk, but in friendlies I tend to change the entire first team at half time, so when I set an overall TT the subs receive the same one as the departing first team. I have to go through each sub and change it as the TT is usually inappropriate e.g. pleased with first team, but that doesn't work with a player about to join the game.

Not a major issue, but just a bit of a pain in the bum.

Can't say that I ever manage my team in friendlies except on rare occasions and when I do I rarely change a whole team at half time. In normal match situations the most you ever need to set individually is 3 so that isn't too arduous. I guess it is maybe a useful addition although it's a rather niche situation in which it is really useful! After all, you have to go through the tedium of actually making all those substitutions in the first place and that takes at least as long as giving them an individual team talk :p

I hadn't thought of it like that Glamdring :p Perhaps if we could highlight the specific players (in the same way as we can highlight a few players and then click scout once) and then choose one TT for those players, that would help when giving individual TT's whether there have been a lot of subs or not.

I just stick to For The Fans at kick off, encourage if winning 1-0 and pleased if winning by more than that. It seemed to work in 08, I say work, but I actually mean it didn't seem to have as negative an effect as the other choice.

Just thinking actually...some SI literature somewhere or other (possibly the unofficial guide to all things useful that a couple of the SI guys did from a couple of versions back...or maybe just the manual itself!) states that if you give individual team talks of the same type that outnumber the main team talk then that individual team talk replaces the overall team talk. So I guess if you were to give all your subs the same team talk that may well cause the main team talk that you gave all the first 11 to be replaced anyway...

For The Fans works surprisingly well. You would think it would be a bit "say nothing", especially if you use it regularly. Personally, I would expect it be more useful for derby matches than anything else.

I just stick to For The Fans at kick off, encourage if winning 1-0 and pleased if winning by more than that. It seemed to work in 08, I say work, but I actually mean it didn't seem to have as negative an effect as the other choice.

Winning 2-0 at half time is the one I always hated. I almost found myself wishing we would concede one just before half time so I could just choose to encourage the players instead of having to be pleased, say nothing or go for the volatile "Don't let your performance drop"! Reminds me of Boaz Myhill at the weekend vs Stoke suddenly turning on the ball and booting it out for a corner instead of a throw-in...although I've never gone so far as to try to deliberately concede a goal when 2-0 up approaching half time!

I've noticed that even if we're winning 2-0 at half time and don't concede in the second half, more often than not we won't score again.

That's my biggest gripe. I wanted my FM08 Werder Bremen team to play like the real team seem to do which, judging from scores (I can't watch their games :( ), is pretty much the "We'll just keep trying to score goals and as long as we score more than you we don't care how many we concede" attitude. I want a team talk that tells my players that that is the style I want. None of the existing options do that. I want to tell them I'd rather they lost 4-5 from 2-0 up than go on to win 2-0 and cause the fans to fall asleep in the second half!

That's my biggest gripe. I wanted my FM08 Werder Bremen team to play like the real team seem to do which, judging from scores (I can't watch their games :( ), is pretty much the "We'll just keep trying to score goals and as long as we score more than you we don't care how many we concede" attitude. I want a team talk that tells my players that that is the style I want. None of the existing options do that. I want to tell them I'd rather they lost 4-5 from 2-0 up than go on to win 2-0 and cause the fans to fall asleep in the second half!

It's your tactics. ;)

Archived