So, hows your FM Career going?

I have so far managed 3 teams.

Arsenal, where I won 3 Premier League Titles, 2 Champions League Trophys and 1 FA Cup Trophy

Juventus, where I won 4 Serie A Titles, 1 Champions League Trophy and 1 Italian Cup Trophy

and Real Madrid, where I won La Liga Titles, 3 Spanish Cups, 1 Champions League and 1 UEFA Cup.

I am now managing England and Im in yea 2025

I have so far managed 3 teams.

Arsenal, where I won 3 Premier League Titles, 2 Champions League Trophys and 1 FA Cup Trophy

Juventus, where I won 4 Serie A Titles, 1 Champions League Trophy and 1 Italian Cup Trophy

and Real Madrid, where I won La Liga Titles, 3 Spanish Cups, 1 Champions League and 1 UEFA Cup.

I am now managing England and Im in yea 2025

fair play to you Viazon. I have to say, when i start a game, my intention always is to build up a team so they are unstoppable, then switch to a team in lower league and do the same.

Done this once on FM07, started with Newcastle, had them winning everything, bar a few league cups then the Bristol City (my local team) job came up, them languishing in the bottom of League 1. Thought 'yeah why not', and by 2020, had them winning Champs League consecutively. Then i got bored lol

Now FM08 is out, started first game with Newcastle again and in the third season got bored lol.

So i started another one, searching the blue square premier for a team i liked and noticed Burton Albion. No great expectations, so i could just get on with the job.

Won promotion wiv them all the way to the Premiership, becoming champions in every league, and winning any tropht that came my way, on the way. Bar the League & FA Cup. This was all down to (apart from me lol) Daryl Clare in the first season, basically my only player who scored, but boy did he score - 54 games/52 goals. Then league 2 decided he wouldnt cut it so offloaded him and brought in Nathan Jarman, who single-handedly got me to The Championship. Now he's languishing in the reserves lol. Sorry Nath lol

In The Championship, i was randomly lookin around some foriegn clubs lookin to sign an unknown freebie and come across a player called Orlando who played for Porto i think it was, cant remember now and he done well, grabbing 29 goals in all competitions.

I struggled towards the end of the season, just limping over the finish line as champions by 4 points after havin a 12 point lead in march.

Up against the task ahead, i had to invest heavily and brought in 12 players, mostly Premiership rejects on a free. J Lloyd Samuel, Lee Martin & Isaiah Osbourne to name a few, and managed to sign Freddy Eastwood on a free, who grabbed 49 goals in 42 games in The Championship.

With my stadium only being upgraded to 10000 capacity i couldnt afford to splash the cash lol.

Currently 5 games into the season, in 11th place on 6 points after the FA decided to test me by giving me Man Utd, Arsenal & Liverpool (champions) as my first 3 games lol. lost all 3 by single goal margins so the future looks bright.

The only downside so far id have to say is the finance. By having so many players on the books, the wages overcome the gate receipts, so i need a stadium expansion (big one) soon lol.

Thanks for reading, if you could be bothered lol. I'm at work and no bosses are in today so im just gonna surf the net untill 4 o'clock, then play FM! lol

Oh yeah check my thread out below if youve got time, i sort of wrote the same thing but there's some questions i ask and i always just write them in there lol

Let me know what you think of my story so far....

I play LLM style so I start at the bottom and work my way up. In my current game I started unemployed here's how it's been since.

Veranopolis (Brazil) 2007 - 2008 Relegated, Sacked

Sousa (Brazil) 2008 - 2009, Nothing of note, Resigned.

Catanzaro (Italy) 2009 - 2015, Promotion from C2/C to B, Resigned.

Suwon (Korea) 2015 - 2016 - Resigned after 11 days.

Lewes (England) 2016 - 2016, Saw out the season and saved them from relegation, Resigned.

Cardiff (England sort of) 2016 - ...., Currently occupying a playoff space.

This is my first career game. I originally set out with the plan to work my way to Aston Villa and win every trophy I could with them, but I feel I have work left to finish at Catanzaro, so after I've finished my original plan I may well go back to Catanzaro and finish the job I started.

Chester 2013 in the Championship. Still only have a capacity of 6000.

finished

League Two 14th

League Two 13th

League Two 2nd

League One 10th

League One 1st

Championship 14th

Currently getting ready for a bumpy season in the Championship, no-one really wants to sign for Chester - not even on loan.

I'm thinking for a change of scenery yet I've only been offered 1 job in all this time, Bristol Rovers 24th in League 1 when I was top!

Surely someone wants a manager with my record?

i take it you didnt like the south korean league lol. seeing youve had a couple of jobs in brazil makes me want to start a game over there again, haven't managed a brazilian side for years.

Thats when my Burton game eventually runs its course, whichi hope it doesn't lol.

I have good memories of Italian LLM on my first ever game i bought, the legendary CM 01/02 (not 'official' LLM, as the LLMer's call it lol) when i took a team up to Serie A then took the Roma job. Found an absolute legend (possibly a regen, because i haven't seen him since on the game) called giuseppe manco.

Signed him from some C2 team for £20,000, had 20 finishing, 20 heading, 20 composure, 20 off the ball but everything else 5,6 & 7's. But it didn't matter becuase he was unstoppable, gettin at least 50 goals a season. Then i got the Italy job (picking most of my players icon_wink.gif lol) and he just didn't stop scoring, sometimes getting 4 or 5 goals against the crap teams.

I'll never forget him...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 51 Cent:

i take it you didnt like the south korean league lol. seeing youve had a couple of jobs in brazil makes me want to start a game over there again, haven't managed a brazilian side for years.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope didn't like South Korea, would be ok as a starting point, but not somewhere you go to try and build your career after a successful stint in Italy.

Brazil is alright, there are long periods without games though if you don't progress through the stages, which is why I went to Italy after Sousa.

Starting in BSS, I'm now into "I'm a Football Manager Expert" and have made it to The Championship.

I've never yet taken a LL team into the Premier League but I'm determined to do so this time round.

Mind you, I've just been comprehensively stuffed by Sheff Utd in the FA Cup 3rd round; they're in the Premiership relegation zone so I'm not ready for Premiership survival yet.

Could be months before I start an 8.0.2 game at this rate.

there is nothing better than knowing you've taken a club from the basement of english football, right to the top.

I wont stop building this Burton team until i've won the the Champs League, and then the World Club, but compared to the top european clubs, that competition is 2nd rate if you have a good enough squad, so i'd put that below the european cup

I'm currently managing in the Norwegian leagues with Randaberg Il.

The Randaberg Adventure So Far...

2015 Tippeligaen 6th. (Won Norwegian Cup)

2014 Tippeligaen 1st Champions!

2013 Tippeligaen 11th.

2012 1.divisjon 2nd Promoted.

2011 1.divisjon 5th.

2010 1.divisjon 12th

2009 2.divisjon Avd.3 2nd Promoted.

2008 2.divisjon Avd.3 7th.

la galaxy, 2nd in mls over all, won the north americans champs league (well mls and mexico)

won the mls cup.

took over at qpr promoted viaplay offs first season, built from there a english team barr 2 players took them to prem and fa cup in just 5 years

ive since had a 2 player game as middlesborough made a fortune in sales building a good younbg squad, respectable finish of 10th first year looking like top 6 2nd,

3 player game as everton against 2 friends as arsenal and liverpool, currently fighting arsenal tooth and nail for the title, whilst liverpool are a mediokre 5th,

gonna start a new one player when patch comes out with my beloved qpr, im worried its not gonna be the same challange now were rich

I holidayed for a season and then took over Gateshead once they were promoted to the Blue Square North, a la Dafuges Challange.

My carrer with them so far:

2007/2008 - On holiday

2008/2009 - 14th in the BSN

2009/2010 - 1st in the BSN

2010/2011 - 15th in the BSP

2011/2012 - 14th in the BSP

2012/2013 - 16th in the BSP

2013/2014 - 4th in the BSP, promoted via playoff final penalty shootout.

2014/2015 - 5th in League 2, promoted via playoffs

2015/2016 - 2nd in League 1

2016/2017 - 12 in The Championship

2017/2018 - 1st in The Championship

2018/2019 - Currently 10th in my first season in The Premiership, now into Feb 2019.

So it's been a long time getting to the Premiership but I've finally done it. After 3 years in the BSP where it looked like I was never going to improve I almost gave up. But things kicked in not long afterwards and I somehow managed back to back promotions up to the Championship (helped by some very lucky play-off results).

I'm currently a bit worried about over-achieving in the Premier League because I'm all to aware of how that will raise expectations and if I slip next season It may have all been for nothing. I doubt I'll even get a chance to start a new game with the 8.0.2 patch as I'm currently enjoying this one so much and will keep going until Gateshead are the best team in the world.

I'm at my beloved Nottingham Forest in my 3rd season.

2007/2008 - League 1 title, JPT title, 4th Round FA cup, 3rd Round League Cup

2008/2009 - Championship 6th place (Lost in Playoff 1st Leg on Penalties to Coventry), FA Cup 5th Round, League Cup 2nd Round

2009/2010 (so far) Championship 1st, FA Cup 5th Round, League Cup Quarter-Final.

My squad is mainly golden oldies mixed with young talent. It is a big squad:

Paul Smith GK

Giorgi Lomaia GK

Ron-Robert Zieler GK

Martin Albrechtsen DR

Kelvin Wilson DR/DC

James Perch DR/DM

Kieran McKenna DR/DC/DM

Bakary Soro DC

Pascal Cygan DC

Wes Morgan DC

Ian Breckin DC

Julian Bennett DL

Tininho DL

Shelton Martis DM

Ivan Campo DM

Herold Goulon DM

Jhon Viafara MR/C

Arron Davies MR/C

Sammy Clingan MC

Lewis McGugan MC

Chris Cohen MC

Kris Commons ML

Ross McCormack ML

Jermaine Beckford ST

Brett Ormerod ST

Kevin Philips ST

Nathan Tyson ST

Kevin Kyle ST

Kim Christensen ST

Tomas Pekhart ST

I reckon 3/4 of that squad will be gone if I get promoted, but as long as I am 6 points clear in a league that contains Man City with a Premiership strength side and Watford who have the best strikeforce outside the Premiership then I am happy.

Basingstoke Town for my career game

2008 Blue Square South 1st

2010 Blue Square Premier 1st

2011 League Two 1st

2012 League One 1st

2017 Championship 6th (Promoted)

2021 Premier League Winner

2021 Champions League Winner

2021 European Super Cup Winner

2022 Premier League Winner

2023 Premier League Winner

2024 Premier League Winner

2024 FA Cup Winner

2025 Premier League Winner

2025 Champions League Winner

2025 Club World Championship Winner

2025 European Super Cup Winner

2026 Premier League Winner

2026 FA Cup Winner

2027 Premier League Winner

2027 FA Cup Winner

2028 Premier League Winner

2028 Champions League Winner

2022/25/26/27 League Cup Winner

2021/22/23/24/25/26/27 Community Shield

England is still having a hangover from 1966's Jules Rimet, so next stop will be teaching the three lions some tricks and get them into the circus. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 51 Cent:

fair play to you Viazon. I have to say, when i start a game, my intention always is to build up a team so they are unstoppable, then switch to a team in lower league and do the same.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At one point, my Arsenal team was a force to be reckoned with. I started out never being able to beat the other top three teams to being able to beat them with ease everytime I played them.

With Arsenal, I also accomplished a feat I thought was impossible. I went through an entire season with a single loss. Not one, single loss. In any competitions. Which means I won the Carling Cup, FA Cup, Premiership and Champions League.

Needless to say, I was never able to do it again. The closest I got was with Real Madrid in a year I won the treble. That season, I only had two losses. One loss in the Spanish Cup but it was only in the second leg and I won on aggregate and only one loss in the league.

By the way, does anyone know why I cant edit my first post, because I was supposed to say I won 4 La Ligas with Real Madrid.

Playing as leeds for the challenge of coping with the 15 point deduction.

Had a great run of ten wins in a row to get me into playoff positions and then things went a bad wrong and started yo-yoing with results but finished strongly to scrape 2nd place behind swansea.

Second season went relatively well with simon walton coming in to strengthen the defence and doudin in attack but not showing his full potential. Struggled for goals but tight at the back saw me get into the playoffs but get hammered by birmingham.

Just coming into jan in third season. Signed konstadinov (sp?) and mifsud on frees who have been exceptional and have a young slovenian lad in attacking mid. Best goal difference by a mile in the league and holding 1st place but fulham, middlesbrough and wigan all within 2 points.

Oh and I beat west ham in the league cup QFs icon_biggrin.gif

For some reason I alway like to start in the second tier with a team you can build up to continental standard... but get side tracked.

2007/8 Kaiserslauten (Ger 2nd div) - finished 3rd after leading for the whole season and failed in the play-offs.

2008 - got appointed Ivory Coast manager after the african nations cup.

2008/9 Kaiserslauten (Ger 2nd div) - never got going, was 7th but lacked any form of consistency (think I signed too many players). Was touted for numerous jobs, but applying for the Udinese job was enough for the board to encourage me to resign to maintain my reputation. I resigned.

2008/9 Middlesboro (Prem) - got the 'boro job, but they were bottom of the league with 10 games to go and 15 points adrift. Managed to win 5 of them, but got relegated on the penultimate game of the season.

2009/10 (Champ)Took Middlesboro to 3rd - 1 pt of automatic promotion and 12 pts clear of 4th. Managed to win the play-off and securing promotion. Niculescu and Trejo star striking partnership following the relegation player exodus.

2010 - Ivory Coast - despite a penalties defeat in the 1/4 finals of the African Noations to Tunisia, I want ont to make history and win the world cup with the Ivory Coast - magnificent cup run culminated in 1-0 semi-final win over Brazil and 1-0 final win over England. Drogba and Romaric star goalscorers. 9 players selected for team of the tournament. Beat Italy 4-0 in the groups!

2010/11 - on the back of the World Cup win I replaced the retired Sir Alex at Man Utd. Currently top of prem 4 pts clear with 14 games to go. 2nd round of the CL and 6 round of the FA Cup. Ivory Coast are strolling to African Nations qualification.

Utd team - Foster, Simpson, Evra, Ferdinand, Brown, Hargreaves, Ronaldo, Menez, Diego, Rooney, Ashton - Zieler, O'Shea, Nani, Franks, Chamakh

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chopper99:

I holidayed for a season and then took over Gateshead once they were promoted to the Blue Square North, a la Dafuges Challange.

My carrer with them so far:

2007/2008 - On holiday

2008/2009 - 14th in the BSN

2009/2010 - 1st in the BSN

2010/2011 - 15th in the BSP

2011/2012 - 14th in the BSP

2012/2013 - 16th in the BSP

2013/2014 - 4th in the BSP, promoted via playoff final penalty shootout.

2014/2015 - 5th in League 2, promoted via playoffs

2015/2016 - 2nd in League 1

2016/2017 - 12 in The Championship

2017/2018 - 1st in The Championship

2018/2019 - Currently 10th in my first season in The Premiership, now into Feb 2019.

So it's been a long time getting to the Premiership but I've finally done it. After 3 years in the BSP where it looked like I was never going to improve I almost gave up. But things kicked in not long afterwards and I somehow managed back to back promotions up to the Championship (helped by some very lucky play-off results).

I'm currently a bit worried about over-achieving in the Premier League because I'm all to aware of how that will raise expectations and if I slip next season It may have all been for nothing. I doubt I'll even get a chance to start a new game with the 8.0.2 patch as I'm currently enjoying this one so much and will keep going until Gateshead are the best team in the world. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm managing Gateshead Chopper. I must ask have they upgraded your ground from the 11,000?

My career so far with Gateshead

2007/2008 - On holiday

2008/2009 - 1st in the BSN

2009/2010 - 15th in the BSP

2010/2011 - 1st in the BSP

2011/2012 - 19TH in League two

2012/2013 - 6th in league two lost in playoff semi's

2013/2014 - 1st in League two

2014/2015 - 2nd in League One (JPT Runners Up)

every time a national job comes up i get rejected for it, even though they're 'crap' and my rep is continental. USA, Japan & Nigeria have rejected me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, I got the Nigeria job (albeit only briefly as I couldnt be bothered with the african cup as I was still at Leeds) despite only being in 3rd season and only managing at championship level..

May I add, I did win my three games in charge and was surprised not to get the sack as my long term goal was to qualify comfortably for the world cup despite the fact this was near impossible when I took over as it relied on other games going my way!

Lol, i don't really enjoy managing a national side, especially one that isn't the country your managing in because you have to look long & hard for good players to call up.

Nevertheless, it adds something different to your game. Also gives your another chance of winning more trophies lol.

With my Burton I need to win the Premiership, League Cup, FA Cup, Charity Shield, Champs League, Super Cup, Intercontinental Cup & World Club Championship lol.

Then, after all that I can go into their competition history and see they've won every trophy possible, as so far I've won (Burton already winning the Blue square north/south whatever one it is)

- Blue Square Premier

- FA Trophy

- Setanta Shield

- League 2

- Johnstone's Paint Trophy

- League 1

- The Championship

So that will be 15, thats right lol, 15 different trophies lol. Then it will be time for another challenge i think

I'm now 7th after winning 3 against Blackburn 3-1, Sunderland 4-1, Portsmouth 3-1 and drawing 2-2 with West Ham. I can see this being a good first season in a tough league. I still need to strentghen though. Ive got plenty of players, just not enough quality (i think anyway lol, even though i comfortably beat those teams) Chris Brunt on the left wing is terrorising defences. He cost £7m but is a bargain if you ask me if you see his stats (someone tell me how to upload a pic and il show you lol).

Aswell as Isaiah Osbourne on a free, he's looking like a great bit of buisness. Can get confusing when makin subs though as I've got Isaac Osbourne in a DM position lol.

Board have uprgraded my facilities to Top Training & Excellent Youth/Academy. Stadium will be a massive 10,000 seater on 28.10.11 (2 weeks on my game)

I just tried posting my team but its early and i'm in work so i've forgot a couple so ill do it when i get home at 4.30 ok boys. Boss keeps disappearing so il be on here all day. Anyone else tried managing Burton?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by williamshankley:

I'm managing Gateshead Chopper. I must ask have they upgraded your ground from the 11,000?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, at the start of my second season in the Championship they upped it to nearly 16,000. I'm hoping I can get another upgrade out of them soon.

little s**ts lol. Mine was half that whilst i was in the Championship. Im in the Premiership now and even then the board have only upgraded it to 10,000 (on 28.10.11 - 2 weeks away. can't play though till 4.30, im in bloody work!)

My Burton mission won't be accomplished until I have at least a 60,000 all-seater and won every trophy i can possibly win (check my post above)

I'm sure everyone already knows, but apart from the bugs, but just think about it. This is, THE greatest game of all time

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mattpiulton:

Most of these careers are incredibly unrealistic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's realism got to do with it? It's a game. The minute I'm allowed to take over the management of a club all realism goes out the window.

Or would you rather spend 23 seasons in the same league like some teams do in real life?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chopper99:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mattpiulton:

Most of these careers are incredibly unrealistic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's realism got to do with it? It's a game. The minute I'm allowed to take over the management of a club all realism goes out the window.

Or would you rather spend 23 seasons in the same league like some teams do in real life? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its a Simulation, therefore its supposed to reflect on real life.

And to your question, yes.

Ups and downs really. I started unemployed, took over at Llanelli after a few months when they sacked their manager who had left them languishing in the relegation zone and though I narrowly kept them up and had a decent finish, they didn't renenew my contract. I eventually got replaced by a crap regen who got them into deep trouble and then by Leroy Rosenior who has been extremely successful.

I then ended up at Greek Second Division club Kastoria where despite a few good signings and an excellent start to the season, poor results left them mid table and I was sacked before the season was up.

I almost immediately took over at St Albans in the Conference South who were in relegation danger, I kept them up in my first season and narrowly missed off the play-offs the next time around. I'm now in a bit of a state with them only in mid-table when I said they could get promotion, though I'm lucky to keep my job after they spent some time in the relegation zone and all of my srikers went through a very long goal drought at the same time.

Started almost in lower league, taking control of my beloved Brighton and seeing if I can match the dizzy heights of the early 80's (ie: an FA Cup Final)

2008-09: League One - A very respectable 8th place.

Nothing special in cups, but I promise promotion next year to get bigger wage budget. Will I regret that?

2009-10: League One - 2/3 of the season gone and I was sitting in 15th place, 12 points from the playoffs and worrying that when the season ends my head will be called for.

Now with 3 games to go, I have had an amazing turnaround. 6 wins in a row, a settled, happy, young, exciting team that always showed potential and is finally fulfilling it. I am 6th, two points ahead of 7th. Good luck me.

Think I might make this game into a proper story after being inspired by Chopper et al's efforts.

mattpiulton, why buy the game then? IRL, fulham went from third division to premiership, hull have done almost the same. rushden came from the conference to league 1, but went back down.

So it is as realistic as your gonna get mate. The difference is on the game, you get as long as you want to buy players etc.

Plus, i've played this game since i was 13 on CM 01/02, its took me 6 years of playing this game, knowing the ins & outs, tips & tricks and what have you to be successful and play the game as good as i do.

Sounds to me you just don't know how to play it as well as the rest of us icon_wink.gif

started at arsenal then 2 years later after winning the league cup didnt get contract renewed so went to everton started to build a decent squad but after 2 years got bored and resigned then went to the conf south and took over at AFC Hornchurch and stabilsed them until Man city came knocking with an offer i just could not refuse!! currently 26 games or so into my season sitting in 5th place where i go next who knows? lol

mattpiulton, why buy the game then? IRL, fulham went from third division to premiership, hull have done almost the same. rushden came from the conference to league 1, but went back down.

So it is as realistic as your gonna get mate. The difference is on the game, you get as long as you want to buy players etc.

Plus, i've played this game since i was 13 on CM 01/02, its took me 6 years of playing this game, knowing the ins & outs, tips & tricks and what have you to be successful and play the game as good as i do.

Sounds to me you just don't know how to play it as well as the rest of us icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excuse me I do, I been playing since CM2, I know the ins and outs, I have also got several teams promoted.

Atm though, its simply to easy to get up and become world beaters.

And if i want to make a comment on a thread, I can, who the hell are you to stop me?

Atm though, its simply to easy to get up and become world beaters.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you're in the minority here, many people on the forums find it pretty difficult to take a team and make them a world beater.

As for the argument that a simulation should strive for realism that's only true up to the point where realism seriously detracts from the fun of the game. At no point should the game stop you progressing simply because it would be un-realistic for you to do so. If you're good enough at the game then you should progress, end of.

If you genuinely do find it too easy I suggest you firstly go to the tactics forum and outline your methods as many of us have done already in the hope of helping others improve, and secondly go to the Lower League Managers forum and attempt a game following strict LLM rules, I guarantee that you won't find that easy.

I'm not stopping you, but why waste the time coming in to moan at other people?

Its not easy. Easy for us maybe, but we've been playin it for years. But tell that to someone who's been playin since 07 or 08 and see how 'easy' they find it to take a crap club to the top.

9 times outta 10 they'll either get sacked or just start again with a big club.

It takes a lot of determination and motivation to learn how to play the game the way we do. I remember the first time i played CM 01/02. christmas mornin, woke up, opened it (was 13 at the time, so was ecstatic) played on it all day.

First game i started was newcastle, got sacked before the first christmas lol. Then again. Then got better and better, until now.

Now when i start a game, i KNOW ill turn a club from obscurity, to greatness, its just a question of how long.

My current Burton game, i started after gettin bored of my Newcastle game after 2 seasons. Started the game up again, saw Burton, thought lets do it!

Its through experience i've got them this far. realism has nothing to do with it. If lower league real-life manager had the info we get in the game, (length of contract, wage, happiness etc) im sure he could do as well as us with his side.

Just think about it

Started unemployed and went to a bottom division German club, got them up a couple of leagues but quit due to lack of board investment.

Then to the Russian league, another club I cannot name, but the same thing happened as I got them to the top league.

Then 8 seasons at Billericay where I took them from BSQ S to L1 in 4 seasons, quit for Burnley as they were in trouble in L1 but had a bigger ground etc.

Took Burnley from 17th after 11 games to 2nd on the last day and into the Championship.

Resigned in close season to take over L1 Nottm Forest- a sleeping giant imo, and within 3 seasons we/they were in the Premiership, currently in 15th place after 9 games.

youve hit the nail, bang-smack middle of the head there chopper lol.

Its a waste of time explaining it to people like him though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excuse me, I find alot of your posts very personal.

"people like him"

I made a comment, which I am entitled to have, and all you do is give me ****?

Grow up little boy.

Sorry if its personal, i don't wanna fall out with a fellow FM fanatic lol, but you can see how your comment makes people feel like their game is tinted now you've said that.

How are you getting on in your game?

Lets let bygones be bygones...and check my thread out, im sure youd enjoy it icon_wink.gif

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/521102691/m/5462079873

its ok, in 2020 now, been at

Man Utd - contract not renewed after initial two years. Knocked out of ECC at group stage in second year, but one the UEFA Cup instead.

Celtic - One season stay, walked the league.

Man City - Got them into 3rd in League and Champions League football, second season same again, with FA Cup.

Inter Milan - 3 years (i think) 3 League titles, the last one was very close, one champions league and two Italian cups.

Derby - Needed a new challenge, took them out of relagation into mid table, after a year Liverpool wanted me, , I took over them when they was 18th, and simply, my strikers would not score. Sacked after 6 months.

Sevilla - Saved them from relgation, next season 8th, 3rd season 3rd and into Champions League football, which helped there finances.

Man utd - For some reason I applied and made a return to the Theatre of Dreams. Two years, 3rd behind Arsenal and Burnley (Arsenal have now one the league 6 consecutive times)

Burnley - First year just finished, second in league, Man Utd 10 pointd behind, Semi's if ECC and League Cup. Knocked out in FA Cup 3rd round. icon_frown.gif

Arsenal won league again, 7thj time in a row, they hold the record for winning the league the most now.

Also Liverpool have been relegated last season, and ddint make it back up this season.

Lots of spelling mistakes in this post, but it is long, and I cant really be bothered to go check it all. Sorry.

See, the game is good isnt it lol. What other game could you play this much. Check my thread out mate, some people have ruined it by having a go at me for playing FM up until 2023 but ignore them.

Just probly amateurs at the game, all they need is to play the game for a while to become masters icon_wink.gif

my playing time in the game status screen was 2 weeks . Some idiot seemed to think i was sat playing for 2 weeks straight and said how do i feel lmao.

I only ever played one game on FM07 from the day it was out, untill FM08 was released. When you work it out its less than half hour a day.

So i basically asked him if he ever watches tv. whilst he watches a program that lasts half hour, i play FM for half hour.

He hasn't replied yet, think i got him

Started with Finn Harps in ID1, won the division and promotion to the IPD. Took the job at Real Salt Lake and immediately ran into the fixture congestion problem. I won the MLS Cup despite having 5 matches in the last 8 days of the season. Then, the 8.0.1 patch came out and I installed it, continuing my saved game. I had Real Salt Lake contending again, but then saw the fixture list pile up worse than the season before, with 9 matches in the last 14 days, including 5 in a row. At that point, I realized that the fixture problem wasn't going to be fixed unless I started a new game, so I did.

I started at St. Pauli in Germany's second division, and hadn't gotten too far into the game when I got something called an XML Parsing Error, which would not let me load any saved game. But I found that if I started a new game, I would get the message again, but I could proceed (plenty on this in the Bugs Forum).

This time, I added three more levels to England, going down to the BSP. I hooked on with Farsley Celtic in the BSP, a newly promoted side with precious little real talent, no team speed, and (best of all for a new manager) no scouts on staff, so no starting shortlist. I got through the pre-season friendlies and as far as the third match of the season when I ran into the dreaded XML parsing error, so I had to start a new game.

I again started as Farsley Celtic, and am now up to the eight match of the season with a record of 2 wins and 5 draws. I back up the game file every few days in the event of another problem, but if the XML problem isn't resolved with 8.0.2, I'll probably go back to 7.0.2.

Archived