Is tactical system going to change with the new patch?

I guess it depends if you are currently exploiting something that is going to get fixed in the patch. If they improve the scoring rate of one on ones for example, you might suddenly struggle if your team lets your opponents create a lot of one on ones because more of them will be converted now. And vice versa if you create a lot for yourself but aren't currently scoring enough of them.

Why is everyone talking of a new patch ? Is there going to be one released soon ?

IMO the current patch is fine and I am enjoying playing FM09 , cant understand why some people are mentioning a new one ?

I just feel curious about it, I'm also enjoying FM09 the way it is now.

IMO the current patch is fine and I am enjoying playing FM09 , cant understand why some people are mentioning a new one ?

Because there are still some major bugs in the game. It's already confirmed that there will be a new patch - maybe befor christmas.

The full time ratings for strikers are borked, almost always between 5.0 and 6.5 unless they score regardless of whether they play well or not. This results in an artifically high number of strikers/boards worrying about form. they better do something about this in the patch.

Someone from SI has already suggested that a new patch is likely to be out before Xmas.

A new patch is clearly needed to fix the FA Cup bug, the Serie C bug and the Swiss leagues bug. All minor irritations really but enough to spoil many people's enjoyment of the game at the moment.

FM09 is a good game but it will be a great game once a new patch has fixed these problems.

The full time ratings for strikers are borked, almost always between 5.0 and 6.5 unless they score regardless of whether they play well or not. This results in an artifically high number of strikers/boards worrying about form. they better do something about this in the patch.

fanboys will tell you it has nothing to do with tactics :rolleyes:

and keepers passing to strikers have nothing to do with match engine ;)

Why is everyone talking of a new patch ? Is there going to be one released soon ?

Because there is many players that can't enjoy this game, for example polish players who can't play their league.

A new patch is clearly needed to fix the FA Cup bug, the Serie C bug and the Swiss leagues bug. All minor irritations really but enough to spoil many people's enjoyment of the game at the moment.

Well I wouldn't call the Serie C bug a "minor irritation", since the effect is that the game hangs after 24th July, 2009. The game is actually unplayable for me and for many other people in its current state. I think that answers smithers08's question as well: people are talking of a new patch because they want to play the game.

Try playing italians leagues and see it by yourself.

We italians tanks SI for this "minor" bug.

Those selfish arguments make me angry. :mad:

Archived