Boardroom Takeovers

A.D

Has anyone had their club taken over yet in FM09 ? Im in mid February 2010 & my club is involved in a potential boardroom takeover. I am managing Liverpool FC. Season 1 I won 4 trophys and on target to repeat that feat in Season 2. :cool:

To make things worse, The possible new owners have lined up Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger. He is currently out of a job after being dumped by Arsenal at end of season 1. I don't mind the transfer embargo because I have already lined up my 1 & only possible transfer at seasons end before the embargo happened. :(

It frightens me I might be out of a job after only 2 seasons and after possibly winning 8 trophys in the meantime. :eek:

How is this possible ? Am I not doing a good enough job as it is ? I will be making a nice profit in both seasons, the fans love me & the current board are ecstatic at my progress as manager of the club also. I am also noticed as a World Class Manager. I have 3 years left on my current contract and would need to be paid £27.3m for my contract to be bought out. :thdn:

Has this happened or happening to anyone else aswell ? I most certainly hope I don't get the sack, if I do, I may just go into International Management.

**UPDATE**

The takeover has hit the rocks ! A price can not be agreed upon. This is 1 time I am so greatfull with Tom Hicks over anything regarding money ...

I will keep you all update on what happens either way

The boardroom takeover got back on track and was seemingly ready to be completed within only days. HOWEVER, 2 days later it collapsed again, with Hicks not knowing if the consortium has enough money to buy the club.

I just want this sorted either way now rather than deep into next season.

It has always happened with Blackpool

In the demo,some guy in the board only bought us,but in the real game,Some businessman(not tycoon),bought us.I was just 3 months into the game,and the new guy gave me until the end of the season,and I finished 17th,whereas I was tipped for relegation,so I continued there

Got taken over at Sheffield Wednesday in the first month of playing my first game, although there was alot of on and off stories.

It's scary to see this on FM as that is exactly what is happening IRL at Wednesday

Ashley Carson....wOOOOOOt........took over the reigns and his very first thing he did was to tell me there were no extra funds available and it's business as usual.

A little underwhelming to say the least.

I'm managing Pompey, the takeover took place in my second season after a couple of failed attempts. And they had Stoichkov lined up to be my successor. But after the takeover the new owner investigated my position and finally he decided to keep me

They also improved my facilities a lot, so fair play to them :)

I manage newcastle, and its always a boardroom member that takes over, you keep the chairman loan debt (for some unknown reason) and you get no extra money at all invested in the club. In other words at newcastle in the first season, your transfer kitty is 4 million ish with something like 50% of transfer sales going into transfer budget.

I really dont get why that is in there for newcastle because it's the current chairman who takes over the club, as if that would happen...

In FM08 was manager of Liverpool and bout 6 seasons in, had a boardroom takeover. The new people sacked me and brought in a new manager. Was gutted because i'd been successful aswell and thought they wouldn't sack me.

Fingers crossed it doesn't happen in FM09!!

My Port Vale side were in discussions with a Finnish tycoon who wanted to invest 17.5M but it collapsed due to a difference in valuation. 3 months later we have been taken over by one of our current board members who has no plans to invest any money in the club. I am not very happy to say the least.

Im manager at Rangers and in the first month there was a take over, first I have ever had in FM. A Russian tycoon came in, kept me, and pumped the money in. I think he might be a sugar daddy type thing cause I get news items of him investing more money in the club from his resources. I never ticked this option so I guess its random, whether you get a chairman that likes to spend heaps, or a promotion from within.

Anyways its awesome, as soon as he came in he upgrade the training fac. and youth fac. then at the end of the season added 14,000 more seats. Not to mention the transfer money he has given me. What a legend, and he actually loves the club, wants to turn them into a euro powerhouse.

I'm gutted to see a Liverpool director put in a £642m bid to takeover the running of the club. I'm guttered. Absolutely guttered !

If this does happen, the mug better not sack me since I've won 8 trophies in 2 years. Also hope this tool allows me to expand the stadium ! Bad thing is I can't see his favourite personell. I better be on it ha !

Im manager at Rangers and in the first month there was a take over, first I have ever had in FM. A Russian tycoon came in, kept me, and pumped the money in. I think he might be a sugar daddy type thing cause I get news items of him investing more money in the club from his resources. I never ticked this option so I guess its random, whether you get a chairman that likes to spend heaps, or a promotion from within.

Anyways its awesome, as soon as he came in he upgrade the training fac. and youth fac. then at the end of the season added 14,000 more seats. Not to mention the transfer money he has given me. What a legend, and he actually loves the club, wants to turn them into a euro powerhouse.

lucky you, i got martin bain and no money

was close to having a Qatari sugar daddy at Fulham ready to pump money in at will but in the end got stuck with Alistair McIntosh, which i find quite unrealistic seen as IRL he has only just been given a job at Fulham. Oh well, i'll just have to get Fulham to the dizzy heights of 5th and get some nice prize and TV money

I was playing as Verona in Serie C1 when, about a month, into my game we were bought by a wealthy Mexican, who pumped 32 million into the clubs coffers and wanted us to be a ‘dominant force in Europe’.

I was a dream come true. I brought in some great players with his money and gained promotion with ease. For the second season, In Serie B, he gave me 20 million extra to spend on new players and then disaster struck – the game crashed on the 24th June 2009 (well known bug) and I was never able to take my team any further. Absolutely gutted.

Would you say the chances of my AFC Wimbledon side being taken over is likely...?

I just got them promoted to The Championship, my stadium is 5 thousand capacity because the council have blocked any further expansion, i have about 20 million in the bank (not cheating just a hell of a lot of saving and minimum squad numbers lol), just hoping for a takeover someone big to pump money into the club and build a new stadium to compete in The Championship

I manage Newcastle, and got taken over by a South African tycoon who invested money to improve my training ground, and youth facilities, so now they are world class. then he pumped another £100mill into the clubs coffers.

In 1 and a half seasons i have spent about £150mill on players, and every time the clubs balance drops below £40mill, my chairman puts in more money.

I have the save game if anyone is interested? Its in the first transfer window, and 3 players have been signed, two of whom are loan signings. its also just before the takeover is completed.

Large db, English Premiership, Serie A, La Liga, all players loaded from Brazil, Argentina, and Mexico.

Jason Holland has completed the takeover of my Liverpool side whilst I'm in charge. He simply refuses to put some money into the club at the time, wont expand the stadium due to no space left either. And he wont relay the pitch either.

Is there anything I can in the game to either expand my ground without using the editor or maybe get a new stadium built ? We have sold out every home game in the 2 seasons I've been in charge so far.

yes please darkstarr wouldnt mind a look!

All you need to do is just retire me from the game, and create a new manager.

The players who i signed were Wagner AMC £6.5mill and the 2 loan signings were Rat and Belleti.

A warning though its near the end of the transfer window, but the takeover happened a couple of days after this save game, but i cant guarantee it will be completed within 2 days, unless it was always going destined happen on that day. After the take over happened i went on a spending spree.

There is still some money left over and i have improved the coaching, as well as put the players on my training schedule from last years. "the one i created that many fm managers found to be the best"

http://files.filefront.com/NUFCfm/;12524898;/fileinfo.html

I was managing Leeds when we were taken over by a mega rich Turkish Business man, the takeover happened just before my Championship Play Off Final in my second season. I managed to win it so was in the Premiership when the transfer window opened. My new chairman said he wanted me to "stave off relegation" and to help he said he would give me £134m to spend!!! Oh ok if you insist !!!

At the same time I was also managing Newcastle , I always play as two managers, they were taken over quite quickly but only by another member of the board and no money was pumped in to the club! They gave me £3m to spend and expected Champions League qualification after two season of finishing 6th!

I guess its a lucky dip as to whether you get a mega rich buyer or not

Whilst manager at Liverpool i was 3 seasons in having won the league and champions league with two fa cup final defeats to arsenal. After a 6 month saga fat tom sold up. When declaring interest in buying the club the prospective new owner said he wanted to bring in Roberto Mancini if he took over. After taking over in Jan (when i was 2nd after another defeat to Arsenal) he said he was considering my position but mid Feb after winning manager of the month in Jan and still not allowed any transfer funds he told me i could keep my job.

Also when he took over he immediately improved the youth and training facilities. I'm hoping he can do something about the ground because any previous inquiries were met with the response the council would refuse any planning permission.

Whilst manager at Liverpool i was 3 seasons in having won the league and champions league with two fa cup final defeats to arsenal. After a 6 month saga fat tom sold up. When declaring interest in buying the club the prospective new owner said he wanted to bring in Roberto Mancini if he took over. After taking over in Jan (when i was 2nd after another defeat to Arsenal) he said he was considering my position but mid Feb after winning manager of the month in Jan and still not allowed any transfer funds he told me i could keep my job.

Also when he took over he immediately improved the youth and training facilities. I'm hoping he can do something about the ground because any previous inquiries were met with the response the council would refuse any planning permission.

i made my own team up and have created vince mcmahon as the chairmen.well he was meant to be the chairman but it says diretor.i have a diffrent chairman the computer added will i beable to get taken over in the future.

i made my own team up and have created vince mcmahon as the chairmen.well he was meant to be the chairman but it says diretor.i have a diffrent chairman the computer added will i beable to get taken over in the future.

You're probably lucky, otherwise you probably would have heard his two favourite words before long..... "YOU'RE FIRED!'

Currently rumoured to be undergoing a takeover at Pompey. I have no idea by who, and since i am only 5 weeks into my first season, i am very nervous about my own job, despite the fact i am top of the table :(

Archived