Searching for players

Hello,

I just started managing Derby. I want to search for players all over the world, but everytime I put in a search...the result is confined to "players in your region".

Is this a new feature?

How can I search the entire db?

Thanks in advance.

PS. I'm sorry if this is not the right forum, please let me know where I should put my question?

As far as i know, this player search function does search the entire world but not the entire database. I have never really understood the thing that says 'players in your region' but it was in fm2008 as well. If you want to be able to search for more players, you need to expand your staff's knowledge. This can be viewed in the scouting section on the squad menu.

Or you can just go into the GPGT forum and look at the good players to buy thread.

I'm managing Derby now, and it is fun!

Advice to buy Lewandowski and sign the polish midfielder(I can't remember his spelling, but he is the one on loan atm).

Oh, and buy better defenders.

Send your scouts to explore regions of continents that are unknown to their knowledge (and with financial backing, ofcourse) and after they finish scouting the unknown regions/countries, you will see the specific country will be added to your knowledge list and you will start to see more players from that nation/region in your player search screen.

Archived