Training or loaning?

First team action boosts their attributes more than anything, including training, but you have to be careful. I send youngsters to clubs one level below, only if they are guaranteed first team regular action, and with a recall option if things go wrong. Secondly, if a number of viable clubs are bidding, I'll check their training facilities and choose the club with the best.

If they drop down too many leagues they return complaining that the experience was a waste of time.

If my training facilities and coaches are first class, and the kids are picking up PPMs as well as playing regularly in the reserves, I might combine this with loaning out - say 6 months of one and 6 months of the other.

Well that wasted a minute of my life - mercifully it is a short piece of illiterate drivel. :rolleyes:

Seconed.

On topic; It all depends on your own training facilities, the training facilities of the club who want to loan and the training staff.

As mentioned here earlier, if a club wants a player from you on loan because they think he "can cover for backup" I normally do not accept, My loan players have to play other wise it makes no sence.

For the development of players is it better to keep them at the club playing in under 20's leagues or to send them out on loan?

Yeah, it can be a dilemma, especially with amazing young players...

[most recently Henry 'Superstar-in-waiting' Saivet.]

... I mostly only let them go out on loan if the offering club say your young player will be a first team player for them - for me that gets better results then letting him run riot week-in-week-out in the youth leagues. Of course the player could have 'No Intention' of going...:mad:

Archived