Why is wigan's pitch always 4m narrow than regulations?

I don't know why but wigans pitch has at least on FM08 and 09 always been 4m narrower than the premier leagues requirement of 64m wide (meaning its 60m wide). I'm not quite sure why this was not picked up on last years at any stage, but when you play wigan their pitch always does look a bit different compared to everyone elses on the screen and I'm not sure if it does have any bearing or not but surely a narrow pitch does affect tactics and makes it much harder for many teams not versed on it to play there, and they can meet the requirement width so I think something is amiss here.

The only thing I can think of is it being something to do with the rugby team that plays there too, but surely not?

Not sure if their pitch is 67m wide, but the facilties can hold a 67m wide pitch. I've noticed if they get relegated it goes back within regulations (which is usually followed by them dropping to league 1 or league 2) but they are quite difficult to pay with that pitch in my experience.

I'll have a look into this. Someone has also mentioned this in the Wigan thread in the data forum.

Have you actually seen their pitch?

****ing atrocious, looks like some pub team's backyard.

eh ? Whats wrong with the pitch now !?!?!

Archived