Is it safe to buy yet?

A few weeks ago I posted saying that I would wait until the initial teething problems had been sorted to buy the new FM, as there were clearly a number of issues with the game. I downloaded a demo the other night and I love the game (the two main problems I encountered, it being too reactive to my typing and it flashing 'Goal for x' on 3d pitch before the shot has actually gone in, I'm told were sorted in the 9.1 patch, meaning the problems wouldn't be there if I bought the game) so, in terms of liking the game, I'm ready to go.

But what I want to know is - am I safe to buy the game now, or is it still riddles with errors? Should I wait until the next 'patch' is released (and if so, when will this be - before xmas?) or is it likely that I'll be ok?

If there are still known issues with the current patch, what are they? (For eg, I couldn't care less if the only problem was that I couldn't manage in Switzerland).

I appreciate any suggestions/opinions you have.

Buy it!

Buy it!

Buy it!

Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!

Buy it!

Buy it!

Buy it!

Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!

you bored!!!

I must confess, although I have the game, I am waiting for the next patch before I start playing properly.

The FA Cup issue has put me off playing in England. My second choice would be Italy but the Serie C problem has put an end to that. Then I came up with the idea of doing a challenge with a team from Liechtenstein (FC Vaduz) who play in the Swiss league, while also trying to manage Liechtenstein as well, but the Swiss bug has put an end to that idea as well.

New patch in a couple of weeks will put it right though, no doubt. :thup:

I really cannot wait for it to come out now.

Still a great game and definitely worth buying though.

Only caution that you should have is possibility that game won't run on your system , for one reason or another.

Other then that, it is way better then last years "uber"-bugged joke, but again anything was way better then that(other then CM04).

I haven't heard about this bug, what is it? Tried to search but "fa" and "cup" are too short for the search engine. :p

I think (but could be wrong) that it puts rivals against each other to often, IE Man Utd v Man City..... and so on

Hope that helps

I'm waiting until the final patch before I buy it.

I hate the thought of owning the game and knowing it's still not in it's (widely accepted) "finished" state.

This is what I will be doing as well, for now still playing the Demo

No it isn't!

For me it was, but after some hours I did find something which was OK.

buy it it's safe

I think Lee50_11 is right, altough I will buy it after X-mas, you can buy the game, it is playable (except Italian and Swiss comps.). The FA cup bug, I think it is not really a major one, you can still play it, only many derby's around in the draw.

I've had a nightmare activating and installing the game, but now that I have (and patched up), it's like a new world with the 3D. Providing you don't manage in lower league Italy or Switzerland I don't see why you should keep waiting. The FA Cup bug is an irritation if you're managing in england, but it's not a killer.

The FA Cup bug is an irritation if you're managing in england, but it's not a killer.

You are absolutely right. It is just an irritation and, to be honest, most will not even notice it.

However, I like to play in the lower leagues and the dream, of course, is to play a big side in the early rounds of the cup.

I normally play with a southern team, which means my chances of getting a dream draw against Manchester United or Liverpool are non-existent.

It just puts me right off managing in England, as a huge part of the game for me is the romance of the cup, the chance of playing someone you wouldn't normally play and the chance that you might just be playing at Old Trafford or Anfield in the 3rd round.

Excuse my unforgivable ignorance and lack of knowledge of the technical side of things, but someone hinted above that I could buy the game now and then when the new patch comes out my game would be improved. Does this mean I can buy the game now and then, when the new patch (let's say it's around Xmas) is out that gets rid of the Switz/Italy/FA Cup issues, I can upgrade my game online somehow? Or is it a case of if I buy the game now I'll always have the aforementioned issues affecting my game. The reason I ask is because I can easily handle the above issues for a while (say, for the first few months of playing the game) but long term would want a fully working game that has the randomness an FA Cup draw has in RL (I couldn't care less about the Italian and Swiss league, short term or long term).

Also, someone commented above that the game may not work on my computer. Does the fact that the demo has worked perfectly not mean my graphics card and all that other jibberish are fine and the game will work properly?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Niall - If you buy the game now, you can download the patch that will most likely come out in a few weeks (before Xmas) and that will solve any outstanding issues that SI have found and fixed. The patch is like an add on or update, if that makes sense to you.

However, I should point out that if you may need to start a new save game when you have downloaded the patch to get the full effect of the update.

To answer your other question, if the demo has worked perfectly on your computer then you will have no problems with the main game.

Hope this helps.

No it isn't!

:thup::D

I will be reporting back with my second seasons feedback soon mate, its been tough but i have felt i am in control much more since you helped. Before i was just losing 1 game winningthe next but never really feeling confident of a result, your tactics have helped me no end.

:thup::D

I will be reporting back with my second seasons feedback soon mate, its been tough but i have felt i am in control much more since you helped. Before i was just losing 1 game winningthe next but never really feeling confident of a result, your tactics have helped me no end.

Good news! Looking forward to hearing about your season. :thup:

Crouchaldinho - thanks a lot for your help matey. That's great news. I think I'll go out tomorrow morning and get it :D

PS This, I'm guessing, is a long shot, but I've really enjoyed the saved game I've got at the moment but it's only on the demo. Obviously you only play for 6 months on a demo, so the successful start I've made at Rotherham will mean nothing in a few months time on FM :(. Thus, what I was wondering is, is there any way I can carry the saved game from my demo onto the new game when I buy it, so that the Rotherham file becomes like a regular FM file and I can play it 'til the cows come home? As I said, I'm guessing that's a real long shot and I'll have to start afresh when i purchase the game?

Crouchaldinho - thanks a lot for your help matey. That's great news. I think I'll go out tomorrow morning and get it :D

PS This, I'm guessing, is a long shot, but I've really enjoyed the saved game I've got at the moment but it's only on the demo. Obviously you only play for 6 months on a demo, so the successful start I've made at Rotherham will mean nothing in a few months time on FM :(. Thus, what I was wondering is, is there any way I can carry the saved game from my demo onto the new game when I buy it, so that the Rotherham file becomes like a regular FM file and I can play it 'til the cows come home? As I said, I'm guessing that's a real long shot and I'll have to start afresh when i purchase the game?

I don't know what the previous poster is on about.

You can indeed carry it over to the full game and keep on playing.

If you carry it over, it will be the same as if you have started a game with all English divisions loaded and a large database, so absolutely fine.

I won't buy it. It seems that the research this year is lousy, with several English teams way overrated. Not to mention major problems with minor leagues (to me, Benfica having wrong kit colors is incredible...). I say don't buy it, wait until February or so and then buy it only if it costs around 20 euros or less. IF you will be managing one of the major leagues, where SI actually does half-decent research (england, spain, italy, etc)

HerrKaputt, which English teams do you think have been overrated?

Have your reported mistakes like the Benfica kit colours?

Things like that will get sorted in a patch if you let them know in the bugs forum.

It is a great game and well worth telling SI any problems you encounter so that they can make it even better for you.

HerrKaputt, which English teams do you think have been overrated?

Have your reported mistakes like the Benfica kit colours?

Things like that will get sorted in a patch if you let them know in the bugs forum.

It is a great game and well worth telling SI any problems you encounter so that they can make it even better for you.

Bolton for example. They would be champions in most european non-major leagues.

The wrong kit colors of Benfica (and Sporting CP as well) have been addressed in the official Portuguese thread way before the patch was out, and were not patched. And since some teams haven't been updated since 01/02, it's hardly a matter of reporting in time for the patch.

It is a great game IF things work smoothly (activation etc), you don't get any of the major bugs AND you play on one of the well researched leagues (except Italy because of one of the major bugs).

Crouchaldinho - so my brilliant management at Rotherham overturning the 17 point deduction won't go to waste? That's brilliant!! :):D:)

I really want the game now!

Is it easy enough to carry the file over? Do I have to do anything technical, or is it a case of when I put the (newly bought) disc in, my file with Rotherham from the demo will just be there for me to play? That would be lovely :)

Thanks in advance.

Niall

I wish i'd waited for all the patches, cause at the min, the game is knackered.

I don't even believe the second patch will fix the problems, cause there are just too many. The match engine is just a complete joke, and needs done from scratch.

worst Football manager EVER!!

Can I just ask, if when new patches come out you can simply download them to make whatever version of FM you've got better, what's the benefit in leaving it 'til February?

People are going way over the top Niall, that's your answer.

It is the same every year. People get this kind of mad hysteria. They can't stop repeating the words 'bug' and 'patch' and they cry themselves to sleep at night.

Some people don't even experience any bugs themselves. They just sit on the 'bugs forum' pressing the refresh page button every minute and then they post a thread complaining about someone else's problems.

I'm absolutely convinced that some of the worst offenders don't even play the game. :D They just rely on rumour and gossip about what is wrong with the game and then complain loudly and abusively.

Others just aren't very good at the game. They are plain rubbish and, when they can't win every game, they complain that the match engine is bugged, the tactics aren't good enough, my players all get injured etc.

Indeed, some of the loudest complainers don't even appear to know the basics about the game of football.

It is all a bit pathetic and ridiculous. Hysteria is the word. If you come back here next year, things will have calmed down and all the posts will be about how addicted everyone is and how much fun the game is etc.

I am a huge fan of the game, I will admit that, but I will also give you my absolute honest opinion.

The game definitely needs a patch, which will come out in a few weeks time. It is still enjoyable to play but there are a few flaws that are stopping the game from being great at the moment. Once the patch is out in a couple of weeks time, we will all be talking about how great the game is.

My opinion is that you go and buy the game now. Have some more fun with your Rotherham save and then when the patch comes out in a couple of weeks then start a new save game and then get hugely addicted and cancel any plans you have for the next year. :thup:

Archived