Has anyone...

actually had a run of 4 or 5 seasons in england where they have dominated? It seems almost impossible to me, completely unexplained loss of form and defeats to terrible teams and the rediculous expectations put on you by boards as soon as you win the league once, I can't face top level management in 09!

I know it's not too hard to win the league first season with chelsea, man utd etc but has anyone kept it going for more than just 2 or 3 seasons?

I think the lower leagues are pretty easy because it's quite simple to bring in good players for your level, its in the premier league when there are serveal teams as good as yours when it becomes really hard. I have so far dominated Australia, Belgium and Scotland with a simple 3-5-2 or 4-5-1 system but as soon as I get to England or Germany etc it's a different level all together and I generally keep falling short so far.

Won the prem 3 years in a row with megabucks Man City, with a transfer budget of 280million for the

4th season it is looking good for me, only won 1 Champions League, and one UEFA cup, as on the european scale it is so much harder.

I started with Arsenal and have played three season.

First season won EPL, Euro Cup. League Cup finalist and FA CUP semi.

Second season won EPL, Champs League, FA Cup. League Cup semi.

Third season won EPL, Champs League, League Cup. FA Cup qtr final.

Also won two Charity Shields and two Euro super cups, so in three season I have won the the league three time, plus 8 cups.

Every year I have started with Arsenal and it usually takes me years to become a powerhouse, even if I start with a team that (in real life) is considered a favourite for the PL. I have found this game the easiest so far.

I started with Man Utd (my only game so far, but for a very brief look at Australia) and have had a average run with my policy of bringing in one megastar a year. After having signing Ramos, Ibrahimovic, Fabregas and Messi I'm heading into the 5th season looking to get a 3rd straight EPL title. In the season just gone I only conceded 3 goals and was undefeated at about round 22 before messing with my tactics a bit to put a bit more emphasis on scoring goals. Ended up losing 3 games and conceding about 12 for the season but had the league wrapped up pretty easily. Despite winning the Champions League in my first season I seem to crash out regularly in the Semis or Quarters now. League record is 2nd 5th 1st 1st and I can't imagine anyone getting close to us again this season. It's taken four seasons but yeah, I'd say I'm at the beginning of long-term domination

Wow cancel what I said up there. Got romped by Chelsea in the season I played today. Won the Champions League but couldn't maintain any kind of form in the league. In fact I ended up 4th- Chelsea won by about 16 points, then close group of Man City, Arsenal and then Man Utd. I have 2 main tactics I use but I'm constantly having to delete some off my memory stick to make room for the new ones I create every time I get frustrated with the current one. I think the reason I went so bad was all the shuffling around I did this season- last season I only sold Carrick and Nani and brought in only one or two squad players. This season I sold Rooney, Tevez, Berbatov and Anderson and brought in Pato, Fabregas and promoted a bunch of youngsters so I attribute a lot of the poor form this season to all the transfers. Probably won't buy anyone in this window though so next season should be good

Archived