Too many offsides?

I watch all of my matches on full match mode and am noticing a lot of offsides. I am 7 league games in to the season and the amount of offsides in the games have been:

In my opinion, those numbers are too high. Compare this to some of today's game in the non-league: (No bias, in alphabetical order bar the Torquay game)

Torquay vs. Oxford - 1 offside

Altrincham vs. Rushden - 6 offsides

Barrow vs. Brentford - 2 offsides

Burton vs. Eastbourne - 8 offsides (6 by one player)

Cambridge vs. Ebbsfleet - 4 offsides

Crawley vs. Northwich - 5 offsides

Forest Green vs. Rochdale - 3 offsides

It is both unrealistic and means the game doesn't flow. I expect most of you will not have noticed because you play with key highlights. Just wandering if anyone else has noticed these sort of numbers?

I watch all of my matches on full match mode and am noticing a lot of offsides. I am 7 league games in to the season and the amount of offsides in the games have been:

In my opinion, those numbers are too high. Compare this to some of today's game in the non-league: (No bias, in alphabetical order bar the Torquay game)

Torquay vs. Oxford - 1 offside

Altrincham vs. Rushden - 6 offsides

Barrow vs. Brentford - 2 offsides

Burton vs. Eastbourne - 8 offsides (6 by one player)

Cambridge vs. Ebbsfleet - 4 offsides

Crawley vs. Northwich - 5 offsides

Forest Green vs. Rochdale - 3 offsides

It is both unrealistic and means the game doesn't flow. I expect most of you will not have noticed because you play with key highlights. Just wandering if anyone else has noticed these sort of numbers?

What do you set as your "Forward Run" instructions for your strikers/forwards? Rarely, Mixed or Often?

If your strikers/forwards have "Forward Run - Often" set, that might explain the number of offsides you are seeing.

If you have not set them as such, I am out of ideas. :(

Will give this a little bump because I'm interested to know if anyone has experienced a high number of offsides. Maybe nobody has. Or maybe a decent constructive post with evidence to back it up has shocked the forums!

:)

there are defenetly too many off sides in my matches. but my squad is totally ungelled, maybe that's the reason..

What do you set as your "Forward Run" instructions for your strikers/forwards? Rarely, Mixed or Often?

If your strikers/forwards have "Forward Run - Often" set, that might explain the number of offsides you are seeing.

If you have not set them as such, I am out of ideas. :(

I play one striker up front with forward runs often and then have 3 AMs all with free roles and forward runs mixed.

It's not just me though, the opposition is probably even more offside then me! After posting above I played another game that had 11 offsides. Playing the game on full you see the little niggles that really frustrate you (too many backpasses from inside their half, GK through balls, clearances out of touch from attacking positions) but the offside one is most annoying and disrupts the game too much.

Anticipation and positioning for a striker who make forward runs is vital. If your striker has poor tactical attributes dont tell him to make forward runs - especially not against a defense who defend high.

Positioning is the ability of a player to read a situation and place himself in thebest possible position to deal with the unfolding events. Anticipation will help him in the first stage but in terms of his actual positioning, it comes down to this attribute. A higher rating will ensure the player takes up a better position.

I play one striker up front with forward runs often and then have 3 AMs all with free roles and forward runs mixed.

It's not just me though, the opposition is probably even more offside then me! After posting above I played another game that had 11 offsides. Playing the game on full you see the little niggles that really frustrate you (too many backpasses from inside their half, GK through balls, clearances out of touch from attacking positions) but the offside one is most annoying and disrupts the game too much.

Are most of the offside calls made against your striker? Try setting him to Mixed Forward Runs for a change and see how that goes for a few matches?

I play two strikers, one set to Mixed Forward Runs, the other to Rarely. Looking back at my previous 10 games, the average number of offsides my team pick up is either 3 or 4. And that includes games where I totally dominate the opposition and have between 60-70% possession.

My offsides are shared between my wingers and my strikers. As I said above though, all of my opposition are offside too on a regular basis. I am playing in the non-leagues and I just think the match engine is making the lower league players too poor. Some of the offsides just wouldn't happen in real-life, like players standing a couple of yards offside from free kicks, and wingers not looking across the line and making their runs ridiculously early. The stats are taken too literally and there has to be a balance found, in my opinion.

Are most of the offside calls made against your striker? Try setting him to Mixed Forward Runs for a change and see how that goes for a few matches?

I play two strikers, one set to Mixed Forward Runs, the other to Rarely. Looking back at my previous 10 games, the average number of offsides my team pick up is either 3 or 4. And that includes games where I totally dominate the opposition and have between 60-70% possession.

I get a lot of offsides against my wingers when the play is in the opposition corners between them and my attacking fullbacks. The fullbacks don't seem very good at judging when the winger is in an offside position before passing.

Phil

Archived