hilarious / infuriating moments

i see they still exist in pretty good numbers. just one now happened that tops pretty much every single FM 'stupidity' i have ever seen (i've been playing since cm3)

i am napoli playing in the vase vs some team i've never heard of. i won the first leg 5-0, and the second 4-1. said team 'ks besa kavaje' only managed one shot in these two matches and this is how it went down:

angel di maria receives a pass on the left wing whilst on the half way line from a CB, under no pressure decides to pass it back to my keeper 'gennaro iezzo', who takes several touches to try and control the ball. fails. notices an oncoming player by the name of arjan gega; goes down to pick up the ball. and fails. he actually misses the ****ing ball! how? what? said gega walks in to add to the scoreboard with a 'well timed close range finish' FM informs me.

jesus christ.

one other clear 'jesus christ' example i can think of was in a london derby as spurs against west ham, i was 2-0 up around 80mins in and faubert under no pressure, in the central area in between the half way line and his own box, with several options all around him decides to turn 90 degrees and run with the ball straight into the touchline. seriously, what? my forwards weren't closing down during any point of this.

these are only 'hilarious' in desperation.

Ive had a lot of these mad moments. My players would always pass to my keeper. My keeper would take about 5 or 6 touches trying to control the ball then on comes a striker who takes the ball of him and passes into the net.

Always happens to my keepers

On 07 several times my defenders have just passed the ball into their own net, sort of like a backpass but so powerful the goalie doesn't have a hope in hell.

Most infuriating moment was on 05 though, playoff semis second leg my midfielder gets injured on the edge of my box, the ball is cleared, everyone moves way up but then their striker is still in my half and my injured player is still down and play goes on, they're therefore onside; needless to say they score and I'm out of the playoffs. Almost threw the computer out the window.

Playing lower teams and attacking them all game yet they get one chance on a simple play and score and beat you 1-0, cannot count how many times I've punched my desk over that.

Also, recently I was playing against Udinese and Pato scored a hat trick of shots of 25+ yards out.

One was even a 40 yarder that Handonovic somehow just stood still and let go in, so amazing.

Archived