will 1GB ram make it huge

decided against the idea of getting the 360 game and instead getting a upgrade from a 192mb of to by getting an extra 1GB of ram will that make it run faster and will i be able to run more leagues and it still be fast

decided against the idea of getting the 360 game and instead getting a upgrade from a 192mb of to by getting an extra 1GB of ram will that make it run faster and will i be able to run more leagues and it still be fast

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wrighy:

with my 192mb plus an extra 1gb of ram how many leagues could i run with it running fast </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First of all, are you sure you can actually add 1GB?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wrighy:

with my 192mb plus an extra 1gb of ram how many leagues could i run with it running fast </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First of all, are you sure you can actually add 1GB? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im with SWaRFeGa here mate. It does sound like you dont really understand what you are up too. UNless you fully understand what you are doing with ram you could be buying a useless piece of tech.

Your ram will not be 192mb it will be 256mb. Im guessing you are using windows yeah? Windows can never read hardware that well.

Go to crucial.com and get your system scanned and post back what the results are. It will tell you how many slots your memory slots you have as well.

I gotta go out now mate but when you have run cpu-z it will tell you your cpu speed. You will need to get the ram that matches your cpu speed so if you have a cpu speed of *random number* 2987, the ram you would be looking for is ddr 2700. Or ddr 3200 if your cpu speed is higher than that.

If you buy ram that is too quick for your cpu your system will not start, but you also want the speed of ram to be as close to your cpu speed as possible to make your ram run at its top speed.

Sorry mate only just back in from a mates birthday.

Your cpu speed is good. Just buy the extra ram. I have an Xbox 360 but its crap. You should invest in more ram for your computer. The xbox360 will be dead in five years (such a shame). The PS3 is the consol of the future but you should plow all your money into your PC. PC games are the most creative and the most graphicaly endorsed system.

Only on the 12th will I purchase a PS3 and that is only because the greatest gamme is out, metal gear.

* Maximum Memory Capacity: 4194304 MB

* Currently Installed Memory: N.A.

* Available Memory Slots: 2

* Number of Banks: 2

* Dual Channel Support: N.A.

* CPU Manufacturer: GenuineIntel

* CPU Family: Genuine Intel® CPU T2080 @ 1.73GHz Model 14, Stepping 12

* CPU Speed: 1733 MHz

Is mine ok also? As I was considering upgrading 1GB bbut I dont understand how..

2933.9mhz core speed if that helps </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's strange that you have 256MB RAM but a 3GHz processor. That RAM is a serious bottleneck; you'd expect any PC built with 3GHz processors to come with 1GB RAM these days.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by N9ne:

2933.9mhz core speed if that helps </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's strange that you have 256MB RAM but a 3GHz processor. That RAM is a serious bottleneck; you'd expect any PC built with 3GHz processors to come with 1GB RAM these days. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, I was expecting him to come out with a terrible CPU speed.

128Mb RAM will severely slow down your PC. You'll hardly get any of your true power from it. 1Gb will let you run quite a few leagues on medium detail. 1Gb is considered a minimum by most people here.

Archived