Retraining cheat?

Hi

I heard from somewhere that due to the way CA/PA and attributes weightings work, it's advisable to retrain your strikers into DC and your DC into strikers because the weightings of their relevant attributes will be less, thus improving them in the position that matters.

I don't really know too much how the system works, but is this true? If so, then it's a major way to abuse the system and gain and unfair advantage over the AI.

It is, unfortunately, true. It isn't just about DCs and STs, and it's more complicated than that, but essentially training players to be able to play across multiple positions (but still focussing their actual training regime to play the position you want them to genuinely play) allows them to get more useful attributes out of their CA than they would otherwise.

Hi,

I haven't heard of a weighting system so maybe you could explain that to me crafty? I'm not sure why you say 'unfortunately'. for example, as a manager if I'm able to train my ST about DC training, isn't it only natural that the training would help him in his ST position? If he knows about defence he can better able attack a defence? That's what I'm thinking anyway but it's just a question and I shall bow to your better knowledge.

Cheers,

JP

I would of never came across this flaw if I hadn't read the thread and I don't understand how people come up with this stuff. I mean, it's interesting how it works and all, but do some people just buy the game to look for flaws and not actually play the game the way it's meant to be?

Hi,

I haven't heard of a weighting system so maybe you could explain that to me crafty? I'm not sure why you say 'unfortunately'. for example, as a manager if I'm able to train my ST about DC training, isn't it only natural that the training would help him in his ST position? If he knows about defence he can better able attack a defence? That's what I'm thinking anyway but it's just a question and I shall bow to your better knowledge.

Cheers,

JP

It basically means that his finishing attribute, for example, takes up less CA, and therefore can rise further. Now learning how to play as a defender is nothing to do with playing centre back.

However, SI have pretty much solved this issue by making new positions add workload to training schedules.

Archived