qhy was i forced to play...

I don't think jackman is right. So long as a club can field a full starting 11, they can play. They can request date changes, but only under exceptional circumstances. Remember Spurs food poisoning a few years back? they had 10 first team players out, and still had to play.

IRL if a club has more than 5 players away on International Duty their game can be called off, the rules in place mainly for championship clubs now as Premier league games are structured around International windows.

The club can still opt to play the fixture tho if they feel the opposition is affected too, or the players are not first teamers

FM has always suffered with this, I remember on 07 the league cup semis were always played around an international week and It was sometimes impossible to play without sticking 4-5 u18 squad players in

SI really should sort this

On football manager 2008 I had to play the European Super cup with five 33+ year olds running out their contracts that hadn't played for me in years, three 16 year olds, three 17 year olds that were reserve U18 players, more out of contract failed youth players and Anton Sosnin.

...and I won 3-3 (5-4 on pens), so stop your whinging!

Archived