Forced to resign by club

I was forced to resign by club in second season because a job application was leaked to the press.

Either resign or face sack.

The thing is I was applying for a job in the English league not Italian.

And?

It has been like that in every CM/FM. Unless you have favorite standing with present club they will dump you.

It doesn't really matter anyway. You can just ignore the board and provided they're happy with your performance generally (i.e. you're meeting their targets, doing well in the league etc) they won't sack you and you don't need to resign, you can just carry on as normal.

I was curious about that remark as well.:confused:

maybe expecting it not to get back to his employers (who are an Italian club) because he's applying for a job in another country?

He should know better in the age of the internet - of course they're going to find out! :D

Yes, you needn't quit your job at all. It's just a friendly prod, presumably to add realism.

I did this but ignored them. I'm still in my original job. They don't have the metal to sack me! :D

Next week on "Neji knows", the spelling of common idioms. We'll start off with the word mettle. :);)

Unless of course you intend on asking for a severance package of different sized bits of steel and iron.

Yes, you needn't quit your job at all. It's just a friendly prod, presumably to add realism.

Next week on "Neji knows", the spelling of common idioms. We'll start of with the word mettle. :);)

Unless of course you intend on asking for a severance package of different sized bits of steel and iron.

I couldnt tell if he had got mettle wrong or it was a euphemism that I did not know about.

Next week on "Neji knows", the spelling of common idioms. We'll start of with the word mettle. :);)

lol thats class

The following week on Neji Knows, the meaning of the word 'idiom'.

'Mettle' used in that sense is not an idiom. Sorry to be a pedant, but you started it!

I've been sacked twice already for applying for other jobs. Ah well, life goes on. I found it really bad though that the board would fire me when I have a month left on my contract, have no intention of renewing and only leaving at the end of the season. Made me sad.

Archived