The Road to the Promised Land

Long time reader first time poster. Firstly, I would like to thank SI, I truely believe this is the best FM yet, I have played since the very early days.

I ordered a new PC quad core with 8mb of ram and booked 2 weeks off for the release of the game. I am 26 - I have a girlfriend and also a little baby so my two weeks off have been spent with little Harry and also hammering FM2009 at every opportunity. My game time is 4 days, 11 hours and 52 mins - I have played everygame on 3d elevated view (which is best).

So far I have managed to take my beloved Darlington to the 'promised land' of the premier league, I use no editors or of any tools of any sort. My highlight has to be my play off victory to get to the premier league in season 7. In season 8 I managed to survive relegaion and managed a good 14th place.

I am now on season 9 and my thoughts are going to mid table. I have got really lucky selling some regens for incredible amounts, my best a young irish left back from galaway bought in season 7 for 500k and I sold him last summer for an incredible 23 million. I have money in the back and the board have upgraded my training and youth facalities every year I have asked, I can no longer upgrade them they are the best in the world. My staduim holds 25k and I hoping I will get a new one soon.

Man City have not won ONE THING and Mark Hughes is still boss, Chelsea have rehired Mourinho and Arsenal are the dominant force in the league with Claudio Raneri now in charge. Man Utd have slipped down the table with Allardyce now as boss haha.

Its now the Monday 2nd October 2017. Has anyone played further than me?

FM.jpg

Haha, I love FM for reasons like this... Im currently working Luton up from the bottom. Season 1, Straight promotion (despite -30 points WOOT). With some astute buyings and sellings currently 1st in league 1 after 12 games... Though there are 4 points seperating 1-9...

However I find Man U wierd, In my games (1 game of 1 season and my current im halfway through my 2nd) Man Utd have not brought a single player... Sold loads though... Is this a bug?

edit - Shiz, How rude of me, Welcome to the Forums :D

Well done, nice to hear someone happy

8gb Ram - I assume you have a 64 bit system else its wasted

Glad to see city have not anything proving its 'teams' not money that win things :D

it wasted on fm anyway cos its 32 bit. hehe. :)

useful if he wants to run 6000 apps in the background though. :D

Yep 64 bit system, runs like a dream. I also downloaded from steam and I had no problems at all with the activation.

I do my own training schedules and just go with s strightforward 4-4-2, a defensive one away and a more attacking one at home. The formation doesnt differ just the playing instructions.

I think the 3d is ace I have managed to tweak the formations far easier this year.

for all your fm graphic needs, try any of these sites:

sortitoutsi.net

fmglive.com

fmformation.net

Thanks Heaps.

Got the english ones, How do I install?

And Do I need to start a new game for them to take effect? Or just straight in?

Thanks

Archived