Worldwide Soccer Manager patch installation problem

Hi guys, I have done a search and read the technical issues sticky, but have been unable to find the answer to my question, so here goes.

This is my first year with WSM. I want to play a friend online, he has FM on PC, I have Mac. Though I don't need the patch as my system met the specs, I will need to install it in order to play my online game.

I downloaded the patch, and it now sits on my desktop. When I double click on it, iphoto opens and I get a message telling me that the file is unreadable as it is in an unrecognizable format. I've no idea what to do next, or why iphoto opens up.

Help/suggestions much appreciated, questions more than welcome.

Thanks.

It sounds like you've downloaded it as a torrent. I don't really know how they work tbh, so you can either find out how they work, or download the .exe from here. Then, if it is the same as for Football Manager (which I see it as being), you can just double-click it and select "Update".

First, though, check that you've not downloaded the .exe file, because with that iphoto shouldn't open.

Thanks for the reply. I clicked your link and re-downloaded the patch, but I'm still having the problem. I double click and iphoto opens up.

I'm fairly new to Mac and am still very much learning. I like to think with PC I can solve most problems without help, but not anymore:confused:

If anyone can shed any light on this, that would be a great help.

Thanks.

Archived