Yes we can (or, the progresses of gender equality)

I just tried FM2009 and I found every improvement from previous versions absolutely great (3D graphic, press conferences, tactical details, training, etc.).

In particular, I was extremely thrilled when I realized that playing as a woman I was referred to with the feminine noun "allenatrice" (my language is Italian), and in my first press conference I was even specifically asked a question about being a woman in a masculine world (!).

In fact, last year, while feverishly waiting, with many others, for FM2008 to be uploaded on the server (with Marc Duffy patiently looking after us), I suggested this improvement, and I got a very nice reply saying that in fact they were considering it... So, I take this as a proof of what a real "open" creative process is, and I'd like to thank the programmers for doing a passionate job and creating such a wonderful and always improving game.

...Unfortunately, I won't be able to enjoy my new officially gendered identity because I cannot abandon my current team, which I (modestly) brought from its first year in the professional series (in the lowest Italian division, C2) to a promotion (almost) in Serie B (mmh... This year's championship is not over yet. Shouldn't have said that...). So, I am almost hoping to be fired in order to start a whole new career on FM2009, but given my successes it seems it's not going to happen soon... :)

Once again, congratulations, and thanks!

Archived