Why ae people so obsessed with realism?

It isn't the be-all and end-all of games

If it was totally realistic players would have to swap clubs every other season because ofbeing sacked by new rich owners

That thread about the transfer fees being too high... Has anyone considered if they are lower that you can just assemble any team of world stars - Wheres the challenge there? I'm managing Arsenal and I'm really enjoying finding young players and bringing through the youth (the "Wenger style" as I call it!)

If this game were totally realistic you would never get a job at any club without some coaching badges!!!

Anyway, all I'm trying to say is stop worrying if you are paying +/- 1 million on a transfer fee, or if something unrealistic happens. Just chill out and enjoy the game.

With such a large userbase it's not all that strange that there are a number of opinions out there what the game should be. I agree that the game should be fun or there is no point playing, but consider that what makes the game fun differs between ppl. There is nothing wrong with discussing various "issues" and striving to make the game better/more realistic/whatever makes you tick. Just be happy that you find it enjoyable enough and don't have too many gripes, I know I do ... ;)

I've always rated the game on it's realism, it will never be 100% realistic so to speak, there will be other things included in it that wouldn't be included in managerial decisions...

But transfers will always be a big issue...i don't think it's unrealistic really...i mean people are trying to buy the best players who have a solid place in their current team, 9 out of 10 of them are immense key players and match winners...to put it bluntly...i wouldn't sell Bojan for less than 35mill...and that's something...it's more to do with how amazing he becomes, so you're paying for what he will turn out to be as well, even the unknown wonderkids, you will pay way over their asking price, dependant on the current club, that's the thing, the other managers are not stupid, they know a player is a wonderkid and will make you pay for it.

Actually i was in danger to be sscked by a new owner after 4 month of play in my current game, he already said who will follow me, but thankfully couldnt afford to buy the club after all. Will still be out of work at season end, because i am Bognor Regis town, horrible squad, no money and that all with FM 09 tactics that are so complicated i tend to cheat for the first time in my FM life and download me some tactics.

Realism is very important but if I'm not having fun, I won't play. This is why I'm so against the idea of a DOF handling transfers, it may be realistic but it would ruin one of my favourite parts of the game.

Archived