Has anyone managed to sign Walcott for less than 40M in the first season?

VMX

I'm trying as Real Madrid, have praised him and declared my complete interest, he loves it and he's willing to play his next match only to impress me and everything... lol

But still, good old Arsene won't let him go unless I put up a stupid amount of money on the table (smart guy :D) I'm glad it's this realistic (unlike previous FM's), I mean, I wouldn't sell the kid no matter what I got offered.

But I was just curious if anyone has managed to take him out of Arsenal in the first season yet (for a reasonable amount, that is :))

I already have Robben, Silva and Drenthe, it'd be great to sign him for the right flank and close the squad :D

Why do you need 3 right midfielders?

Drenthe is a left midfielder. Robben and Silva are AMLs, who can also play at AMR (but not naturally).

Walcott would be the only natural AMR in the squad, and I would have 4 people for 2 positions, which would be the ideal thing.

Otherwise I'll play Silva in the right, but I'll run in trouble when Robben gets injured (which happens too often).

Plus: Walcott's future will probably be brilliant, you can't go wrong with a signing like that.

walcott is less impressive than Rooney was in his debut season and he's been burned out by fergusson - like he does to all his young players sadly.

in pml its rare to see a quick flamboyant player who is english.

go to Brazil, France or Spain and they are common as dirt.

walcott is nothing special and like all English players in FM is vastly over-rated.

walcott is less impressive than Rooney was in his debut season and he's been burned out by fergusson - like he does to all his young players sadly.

in pml its rare to see a quick flamboyant player who is english.

go to Brazil, France or Spain and they are common as dirt.

walcott is nothing special and like all English players in FM is vastly over-rated.

Stupid comments there! France haven't been producing many more flamboyant players than England recently (Joe Cole, Rooney, Walcott, Bentley, and there's a few damn good 'flamboyant' youngsters at Aston Villa), all these are highly reputable players. If you want we can go even younger with the Arsenal kids, etc. Yeah I can't name as many French youngsters as I'm sure you can but I don't think you can dispute the quality and flair of all those I mentioned.

I managed him for 30m to AC Milan but it was difficult to get him down from 35-40. I think Arsenal may have a (small) rivalry with Real so it's a bit harder??? But yeah I love the realism this.

Are you taking the ****? Sir Alex Ferguson 'burns out' young players? So Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville (all 30+), despite the fact that they are still playing at the top level in football, are burned out are they? Cristiano Ronaldo is burnt out aswell I suppose?

Also, whilst I agree that certain English players, namely those who reside in the Russian corner of England's capital are vastly over-rated, all English talent is pretty much spot on. Except Utd players of course, but i 've just realised why all Manchester Utd's youngsters are rated so lowly, they've been burnt out already!!!

On the OP - no. Haven't played 09. I did get Theo in last year's game for a cool £8 mill when the Gunners got themselves into a bit of money trouble.

Stupid comments there! France haven't been producing many more flamboyant players than England recently (Joe Cole, Rooney, Walcott, Bentley, and there's a few damn good 'flamboyant' youngsters at Aston Villa), all these are highly reputable players. If you want we can go even younger with the Arsenal kids, etc. Yeah I can't name as many French youngsters as I'm sure you can but I don't think you can dispute the quality and flair of all those I mentioned.

I managed him for 30m to AC Milan but it was difficult to get him down from 35-40. I think Arsenal may have a (small) rivalry with Real so it's a bit harder??? But yeah I love the realism this.

im thinking they have produced a few good ones, such as ribery and nasri as the younger examples, then there is benzima as the youngest of them who is simply awesome.

I wouldn't consider Bentley World Class. His Spurs performances have been poor and all he managed was to get Ramos sacked. He may improve but he's not close in level to Silva, Ribery, Pirlo or Ronaldo.

The truth is most EPL players are overrated as its a very watched league but they've proven time and again at International level that they just don't cut the mustard. European club football is not a good barometer of their ability as most EPL squads are riddled with foreign players. When you think of EPL teams foreign players come to mind. Man Utd - Ronaldo, Arsenal - Cesc, Liverpool - Torres, Gerard (ok dats one). Ironically Chelsea are probably the only ones where English players come to mind first (Terry & Lampard) but the latter has been awful at International level.

Agree with you. And well, I don't really think Arsenal have any rivalry with Real Madrid. Of course United does (lol), but I don't think Arsenal does. In fact, if remember correctly, Pedja Mijatovic claimed some weeks ago that he had a chat with Wenger recently (in private, while they were watching a youngsters match), and that Wenger told him that he had done such a great job in re-composing Real Madrid squad in 2 years time, selling all the 'oldmen' and bringing in young talent, etc.

So I would think that they get along fairly well.

Anyway, I just can't get Theo unsettled! lol

No matter how much I praise him, it motivates him to play better with his team, but he never appears as willing to leave. However, my scout tells me that he would be really interested in joining my team... He's such a nice boy, he doesn't even cause problems when Madrid knocks on his door... which is more than what most of them do :D

Archived