bojan difficulty solved

since i have been playing FM08 i have always had difficulty in buying good young players. players such as Bojan from Barcelona. everyone must know him a wonderkid that turns out to be the best striker on the games in a few years. however barcelona have always been tight fisted about letting him so. and rightly so, why would you want to sell him when he was 15 and get maby 40mill when you could keep him till he was 20 and sell him for 100 mill

anyway in all my other games, man u, chelsea, inter i have always bought him, not by haggaling over every last penny, but by offering an amount they cant refuse. around the 80-120mill mark.

this has always bugged me because of the vast amount of money needed to get him. but recently i have found a way to get him for cheep.

i started a game in France and Lyon the best french side but never really broke into europe. they start with no debt which is good but only a transfer fee of 9.95 million(which is not alot to play with considering my last teams)

so i ask the board for more. surprisinly they give me another 9.95(looking good) so i buy carlos vela for 5mill plus 50%transfer fee plus i will get him at the end of the season) buy breno for the same 4.5 plus 50%. then i orgainse a friendly against barcelona and real madrid. they accept. of course they beat by 2 goals. barcelona 3-0 real 3-1. so i thank both managers for them accepting the friendly. then i am on barcelonas managers good side. so i offer 9.95 million for bojan plus 50% transfer fee plus 5million after 20 goals.

by far the best i have ever paid for him(he is 16 by the way) any1 else had experiences like this??(just thought i would brag a littleicon_biggrin.gif)

since i have been playing FM08 i have always had difficulty in buying good young players. players such as Bojan from Barcelona. everyone must know him a wonderkid that turns out to be the best striker on the games in a few years. however barcelona have always been tight fisted about letting him so. and rightly so, why would you want to sell him when he was 15 and get maby 40mill when you could keep him till he was 20 and sell him for 100 mill

anyway in all my other games, man u, chelsea, inter i have always bought him, not by haggaling over every last penny, but by offering an amount they cant refuse. around the 80-120mill mark.

this has always bugged me because of the vast amount of money needed to get him. but recently i have found a way to get him for cheep.

i started a game in France and Lyon the best french side but never really broke into europe. they start with no debt which is good but only a transfer fee of 9.95 million(which is not alot to play with considering my last teams)

so i ask the board for more. surprisinly they give me another 9.95(looking good) so i buy carlos vela for 5mill plus 50%transfer fee plus i will get him at the end of the season) buy breno for the same 4.5 plus 50%. then i orgainse a friendly against barcelona and real madrid. they accept. of course they beat by 2 goals. barcelona 3-0 real 3-1. so i thank both managers for them accepting the friendly. then i am on barcelonas managers good side. so i offer 9.95 million for bojan plus 50% transfer fee plus 5million after 20 goals.

by far the best i have ever paid for him(he is 16 by the way) any1 else had experiences like this??(just thought i would brag a littleicon_biggrin.gif)

i bought bojan when he is 19 for free as he did not renew his contract wit barca..and he does quite well in my liverpool team,though he not score more but assist is so much helping on the team..

a good player to get..

He usually becomes available on a free at the end of the first season, although he maintains a rolling contract with Barca. Unfotunately i've only ever seen him sign for Inter, Juve, Milan etc.

Madog308, i'm not sure if that is such a great deal. You have still paid quite a hefty amount of money for him i.e £14.95 m plus 50%. You are going to have to sell him for £30 million to even recoupe what you spent on him initially. So it will be an increcible amount fo money offered by another team before you begin to make profit.

get him on loan at the start for 12 months, renew this loan contract in every transfer window so it never less then 5months left on the loan. Do this up until his contract is due to expire when you sign him on a free.

Thats what I do with my Man Utd game. Had him from the beginning, paid no more then 80% (generally 60%) of his low wage, then signed him for nothing on about 90k per week

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The_Kreman:

Profits are for people with no passion. People with no passion shouldnt be in football, whether its irl or in FM </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hahaha, I assume you're only joking.

Anyway, I beg to differ, profit is essential and especially with a team like Lyon who may not be able to hold onto a player like Bojan. As Bayern Munich i'm constantly buying players and turning them into stars before selling them on for massive profit, whilst this irks me re: losing the player, it stands to reason that the player will want to play in Italy etc rather than Munich and a second rate league.

To sign Bojan for Lyon and expect to hold onto him is unlikely so you must also have an idea of how much you hope to get for him in the end. Incorporating a 50% clause IMO isn't the best plan.

My view is that even if you are in a second rate league, if you have the best players and you are winning champions league titles, no player will want to leave until they think they need a change.

You dont have to worry about balancing the books with player sales when your prize money and tv money is as high as it is when you win the CL

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The_Kreman:

My view is that even if you are in a second rate league, if you have the best players and you are winning champions league titles, no player will want to leave until they think they need a change.

You dont have to worry about balancing the books with player sales when your prize money and tv money is as high as it is when you win the CL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's your view but it's not the case IRL or FM, take Porto for instance, how many of their CL winning players are still playing for them. When Marseille won it many of their players moved on and the same ocurred with Borussia Dortmund. The fact is players want to better themselves and play for bigger clubs in tougher leagues, Drogba, Essien etc are a case in hand.

Yes it's your view and fair enough but it's incredibly idealistic and unrealistic.

madog308, both Benzema and Bojan are amazing no matter what league they play in, in 2016 on my game Bojan got 54 goals in one season for Juve.

Meh he is good for the first three/four seasons then goes downhill quite dramatically in my several different fm games I have started.

The best strikers on my games usually turn out to be Walcott, Aguero and Kose.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> It's your view but it's not the case IRL or FM, take Porto for instance, how many of their CL winning players are still playing for them. When Marseille won it many of their players moved on and the same ocurred with Borussia Dortmund. The fact is players want to better themselves and play for bigger clubs in tougher leagues, Drogba, Essien etc are a case in hand. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

YOu have to remember that FM is not real life and seeing as it is just a series of 0's and 1's it will not have the level of variation life presents.

If you keep wining the CL, your coefficient ranking will be the best in europe, therefore making you the biggest team, which gives you a bigger supporter base etc. How can a player, who is limited by computer programming, request to go to a bigger club when the programming says you are the biggest club.

I signed Bojan for free after the third or fourth season can't remember which. Before he retired he scored about 700 goals for my Man Utd team and he also got 99 caps and scored 111 times (he scored 16 in a world cup). He was worth every pennyicon_wink.gif

I was gonna post this on a thread but saw this one icon_smile.gif

I finally decided to see what the Bojan fuss was about so when I started a new game with Fulham I sold every player I could to raise cash. I knew he would never come to Fulham so I offered a loan fee of 5 mil. Was worth every penny. he bagged 25 goals in Prem and decied I was his Fave personnel and Fulham was his fave team. Signed him for 14 mil and 50 percenbt + 4 mil after 40 games. Then he broke his leg on Int duty and was out 4 months icon_frown.gif but still worth it. I'm in 2nd season now and he's back. With Eddie Johnson finally hitting his stride I'm doing all right with those two up front. Not gonna win it all but maybe will make Euro cup or vase. Fulham finances are tough....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gcormack:

is thanking other managers for friendlies an 08 feature? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go to manager interaction after playing a friendly for that team's gaffer.

hold on... why is evryone saying they managed to sign this little bugger on a free? he's been out of contract for over a year at barcelona and he won't accept my (arsenal) offer or his own clubs offer!?

i'm guessing whoever signed him on a free is running the spanish league as well...

i might resort to using FMM to renew his barcelona contract and be done with it. i get a 'contract rebel turns down latest offer' message evry week. i don't even need him!

btw, 50% sell on clauses are a very good workaround, as long as your club matches his ambition and he never wants to leave.

VonBlade icon_biggrin.gif i feel for you, brother...

I should of used the idea of loaning him until his contract was out.

He was expressing no interest in joining Newcastle but was still holding out on Barcelona, so I gave him the biggest contract offer I could, then after I got him, resigned him to a more resonable one.

"Financial windfall" through shirt sales.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tehchai:

i bought bojan when he is 19 for free as he did not renew his contract wit barca..and he does quite well in my liverpool team,though he not score more but assist is so much helping on the team..

a good player to get.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHS, I signed him for free for Birmingham (altrhough we were in Europe) - is listed as World Class striker until he was 31/32 in my game.

I had no involvement with him, but in my game (2014) he did ok for Barcelona. Got about a goal every 2 games, but only played 15 matches per season. Moved to Roma on a free in 2011, first season was so-so. In his third season now he's on fire (19 in 18). (Vela, in the same season, has 9 in 21)

Archived