This game is awful

Mr m

Try turning your virus checker auto-protect off and make sure you don't have too much other stuff running at the same time. Try setting fm.exe priority to high in task manager.

You don't have to keep steam I think, but I've never used it so I can't really help with that.

Edit: What are your specs?

better watch lads cant say anything bad about si or they will close the thread.... FM09 is AWESOME:D

it isnt great right now. but it is still a lot of fun. just be patient and try the solutions. if you are running windows and have a sensible pc it will work eventually. as for game will get better with next patch. just got to accept that pc games are released flawed and wait before buying next time. ;)

it isnt great right now. but it is still a lot of fun. just be patient and try the solutions. if you are running windows and have a sensible pc it will work eventually. as for game will get better with next patch. just got to accept that pc games are released flawed and wait before buying next time. ;)

Not true. Most games have downloads to fix issues available on a rather regular basis. I remember COH having about 8 or 9 releases in 6 months.

better watch lads cant say anything bad about si or they will close the thread.... FM09 is AWESOME:D

SI rarely close the threads. It's moderators that do that and they have nothing to do with SI. But anyway, plenty of threads criticise SI and don't get locked. I believe I could make one right now if I had something to complain about and it wouldn't get closed. They get closed because they are duplicates or because they are in no way constructive. Look around. You'll find threads praising the game that have been closed too. Why? Because they were duplicates or because they weren't especially constructive. If you don't repeat what's been said in countless other threads and if you make your criticisms constructive, your threads will not be closed. It really is very simple.

Oh, and for the record, I'm really enjoying the game.

Not true. Most games have downloads to fix issues available on a rather regular basis. I remember COH having about 8 or 9 releases in 6 months.

well every company is different. some publishers (not houses) have bad reps for supporting products and pushing release cycles to coincide with holidays etc. :D its a business. can't be nice being s.i. and having to ship product regardless of if its ready. just makes everyone's life stressful when the forums full up with negative rants.

Yes, but you can't expect a patch every two weeks (horribly inefficient way of working), and you can't expect a patch to be announced before its ready in case of unexpected delays.

true. i bet they plan patch release dates in advance anyway to allow for feedback, sifting, q&a to pass stuff back up the line, more testing. i bet most bugs come from the wwfan type players and beta testers etc who have an ear at si rather than the forums here.

However you look at it, releasing more regular patches keeps the customer happy as they think they are being catered for. The way its done with FM ppl get upset and turn off. When you look at older versions of FM, there were less bugs and response time was quicker on potential problems. At that stage there was no 6 month release as is the case now and the number of customers rose immensely. For every happy person there are about 2 or 3 unhappy ppl which is not good since many of these are new users or long-term users. The mods made to FM of late, tutorials for example are made for the newbie but the constant problems they encounter discourages them from taking up the game and when added to those who dont see much change (the long-term users) then SI are losing customers on a regular basis.

Personally the older versions were more fun as there was less need to have to complain, get angry or a need to deal with deluded ppl who seem to be happy to wait forever.

However you look at it, releasing more regular patches keeps the customer happy as they think they are being catered for. The way its done with FM ppl get upset and turn off. When you look at older versions of FM, there were less bugs and response time was quicker on potential problems. At that stage there was no 6 month release as is the case now and the number of customers rose immensely. For every happy person there are about 2 or 3 unhappy ppl which is not good since many of these are new users or long-term users. The mods made to FM of late, tutorials for example are made for the newbie but the constant problems they encounter discourages them from taking up the game and when added to those who dont see much change (the long-term users) then SI are losing customers on a regular basis.

Personally the older versions were more fun as there was less need to have to complain, get angry or a need to deal with deluded ppl who seem to be happy to wait forever.

I remember a lot of serious bugs on the older versions, it's just that people didn't complain about them so much...

I guess its all about demand and supply. The amount of complainers have risen but so have the amount of unwarranted toughness towards ppl on the forums. Be that by mods or fellow posters but when you get a newbie ask a question and you get someone coming out with a sarcastic comment it deflates ppl. Then you get the lack of SI response when the user has clearly asked for it. Obviously they cant be everywhere but then a mod should reply and more times than not you get someone coming out with an ironic comment that will only antagonise the situation. If we do get 3 patches for FM09 it'll be the most we've got for 3 editions.

I have average specs on my computor but fm 05-08 ran fine but 09 is to slow.

I understand your frustration, but you can't use how your computer performed on previous versions as an indication of how it will perform on the current one. FM09 has grown quite a lot from FM08. That's why it's on a DVD now. I know it's annoying, but there will always come a point where your specs start to become a bit dated.

I guess its all about demand and supply. The amount of complainers have risen but so have the amount of unwarranted toughness towards ppl on the forums. Be that by mods or fellow posters but when you get a newbie ask a question and you get someone coming out with a sarcastic comment it deflates ppl. Then you get the lack of SI response when the user has clearly asked for it. Obviously they cant be everywhere but then a mod should reply and more times than not you get someone coming out with an ironic comment that will only antagonise the situation. If we do get 3 patches for FM09 it'll be the most we've got for 3 editions.

That state of this particular forum is something that has been under discussion for some time now and hopefully the addition of two new specific moderators will help ease this situation.

I'll be honest here and say FM09 has been a big let down.

I've spent hours reading about tactics and attempting to create a tactic, with zero success. The sheer amount of flaws in the match engine is an absolute disgrace to be honest.

I'm sick of hitting the post/crossbar 3/5 times per game, and i'm also sick of losing games cause the opposition score a 50yarder, or the keeper hits a long ball towards the striker, who then goes straight through on goal.

Finally i'm sick of my world class forwards scoring between 5/10 goals per season.

Get it sorted before i quit FM for good.

I'll be honest here and say FM09 has been a big let down.

I've spent hours reading about tactics and attempting to create a tactic, with zero success. The sheer amount of flaws in the match engine is an absolute disgrace to be honest.

I'm sick of hitting the post/crossbar 3/5 times per game, and i'm also sick of losing games cause the opposition score a 50yarder, or the keeper hits a long ball towards the striker, who then goes straight through on goal.

Finally i'm sick of my world class forwards scoring between 5/10 goals per season.

Get it sorted before i quit FM for good.

This 100%

A massive backwards step from FM08.

This 100%

A massive backwards step from FM08.

You mean step backwards from 50 goals in 50 games per season scorers, low quality regens bug, older players losing stats to fast bug, registration bug, confidence bug, DM bug , corner exploit bug, farrow/barrow exploit bug, transfer bug...etc..etc...I can go on for days about bugs in FM '08.

I haven't seen any of those in '09 so far.While it's buggy , still beats '08 in most of the department.Now, if you said FM '07, maybe you would be close enough. :)

I have no problems with 3D being slow(at least not on my PC), and i watch matches on extended to full highlight, haven't lose match in 10 games straight, so it's can't be that hard.Not to mention that i had total of 3 serious injuries in whole season.

Biggest issue for me is GK assists and code optimization(lagging with Quad-core is just silly) and both things are getting fixed in next patch.

You mean step backwards from 50 goals in 50 games per season scorers, low quality regens bug, older players losing stats to fast bug, registration bug, confidence bug, DM bug , corner exploit bug, farrow/barrow exploit bug, transfer bug...etc..etc...I can go on for days about bugs in FM '08.

I haven't seen any of those in '09 so far.While it's buggy , still beats '08 in most of the department.Now, if you said FM '07, maybe you h.

Sure 08 had it's problems but I at least felt like I understood the game and knew what to do. 09 is just way too hard and confusing

Sure 08 had it's problems but I at least felt like I understood the game and knew what to do. 09 is just way too hard and confusing

Game being little bit harder/complex doesn't equals into game being awful, but improved. Which is completely opposite from what OP is saying.

Just take some time and testing and you will get this version understanding to. It's really not that hard at all.

when i first played this game i hated it because of the bad 3d match engine.....but now i took it off and play with 2d.....FM should of never made a 3D match engine..... FM 2D is soo much better....

for example: when it says ronaldo scored!!!!! i actually imagine ronaldo scoring in real life, but when it says it on the 3D match engine...i dunno....i sorta do care that much

Probably because they were given more regular fixes which kept them happy?

Really? When was this? SI's way of responding to patching hasn't changed for as long as I can remember, what makes you think it was different?

when i first played this game i hated it because of the bad 3d match engine.....but now i took it off and play with 2d.....FM should of never made a 3D match engine..... FM 2D is soo much better....

i could not disagree with you more, all i have played is 3D matches and I don't see anyway back now, it will only get better. Watching you team take apart the opposition in 3D is far more enjoyable than in 2D IMO.

Why is it when you remove the 3d match the game still runs slow and do i have to keep steam if i activated it through steam its a joke.

I think the game is a massive improvement compared to FM08 which was a joke. Personally I have started a game in 09 and I enjoyed it initially. I have now become a little bit tired of all the injuries and the 'slow' game play.

I am back on FM07 which I feel was a classic, shame nobody still provides updates and databases which reflect current situations on 07! If the problems of slow play, stuttery graphics and Injuries are sorted then I will give it another go. I just don't seem to get the satisfaction I used to do out of the game since FM07, even though I am doing well it doesn't immerse me like it used to, I think that is because everything is so slow and there are too many features like press confrences etc. which bore the hell out of me. Why doesn't the game automatically take you to 'team talk' now too? You have to go there so why doesn't it do that? Its just another delay in an already slow game.

Like I say hopefully it will be sorted. Until then I thoroughly enjoy FM07 still.

Archived