Win!!!

I managed to get the game working on my PC. It was okkkkkkkk but painfully slow and Im an inpatient sort of guy so I took the game back to Asda and got a full refund.

I never uninstalled the game and thought Id try loading it up, just to see. It works!!!

AMAZING!

I managed to get the game working on my PC. It was okkkkkkkk but painfully slow and Im an inpatient sort of guy so I took the game back to Asda and got a full refund.

I never uninstalled the game and thought Id try loading it up, just to see. It works!!!

AMAZING!

if he doesnt connect to the internet while playing the game will it deactivate it because this is a flaw sega and si should look at

AMAZING!

this aint right someone do something im flabbergasted that hes got the audacity to post this

I was totally surprised when it worked but to be honest, I wont be playing it for the reason that I returned the game - its just too slow. Im back to FM08 and loving it.

It's not a question of whether you're playing it or not. If you haven't uninstalled it, then whoever buys the copy of the game you returned will have four "seats" instead of five.

Not really ripping off ASDA though. They will put the game back on the shelf so its ripping off whoever buys the game next.

Actually, no. Asda dont stock PC games anymore. They only got Football Manager in as a one off and it wasnt put on the shelf - it was kept behind the counter. Any returned games are sent back to the returns centre.

Actually, no. Asda dont stock PC games anymore. They only got Football Manager in as a one off and it wasnt put on the shelf - it was kept behind the counter. Any returned games are sent back to the returns centre.

Yes... And then re-wrapped in celophane and sent back out again. The fact remains that if you haven't uninstalled the game, whoever buys that copy next will have four activations available instead of five. So if you don't uninstall you won't be pulling one over on Asda (which would be itself plainly wrong), you'll be pulling one over on some guy in the street like yourself.... How would you like it if it was done to you?

At first I thought you simply didn't understand the activation/ deactivation process..... I'm beginning to wonder if that is the case.

Um, for the record, Even if he uninstalled it his com would still hold one of the 'seats'... Because the File installs on the com I believe... Thats how it remembers If you reinstall it that it doesnt count as a 2nd seat..

Only way to get seats back is to go to the Deacivation URL and deactivate his seat...

Yes... And then re-wrapped in celophane and sent back out again. The fact remains that if you haven't uninstalled the game, whoever buys that copy next will have four activations available instead of five. So if you don't uninstall you won't be pulling one over on Asda (which would be itself plainly wrong), you'll be pulling one over on some guy in the street like yourself.... How would you like it if it was done to you?

At first I thought you simply didn't understand the activation/ deactivation process..... I'm beginning to wonder if that is the case.

Neither do you.

You can install, then uninstall, then reinstall one seat as many times as you like, but you can only have it installed on a maximum of five different computers.

if he doesnt connect to the internet while playing the game will it deactivate it because this is a flaw sega and si should look at

As crafty or wrong as this is, you should not be made to be connected to the Internet in order to play FM, that is not the way the game was initially devised and if implemented would lose a lot of customers. As unbelievable to some as this may seem not everyone has access to the internet 24/7.

Neither do you.

You can install, then uninstall, then reinstall one seat as many times as you like, but you can only have it installed on a maximum of five different computers.

And that has precisely what to do with anything in the context of this thread?

The fact remains that the OP has still got an active seat from a game he's returned, that the next purchaser who buys that disc will not be able to use without going through the deactivation process (and all the searching that'll be involved to even find out about that option if that purchaser is not a regular on these forums).

As I said to another poster in this thread... How would you feel if that purchaser turned out to be you?

I'd be prepared to put money on that you'd be singing a completely different tune.

And that has precisely what to do with anything in the context of this thread?

The fact remains that the OP has still got an active seat from a game he's returned, that the next purchaser who buys that disc will not be able to use without going through the deactivation process (and all the searching that'll be involved to even find out about that option if that purchaser is not a regular on these forums).

As I said to another poster in this thread... How would you feel if that purchaser turned out to be you?

I'd be prepared to put money on that you'd be singing a completely different tune.

I wouldnt be bothered as I wouldnt be putting it on five machines at once. I doubt many will either.

How do you get a full refund if the game has been opened any time i change a open game i have to swap it with somthing else.

I just went in and said that the game didnt work. I had my receipt and they issued the refund. Good times.

Archived