HELP ME!!?!?The Game Always Freeze(Usually Before A Match)...........

Playing in windowed mode usually solves this problem.

You can do this by selecting it as the display mode in display preferences.

Alternatively, you could use this method:

1. Right click on the FM09 icon on your desktop & click properties.

2. In the target field, add "-windowed -small_screen" at the end of the target, with a space between the target & "-windowed -small_screen" & obviously no quotation marks.

3. Click ok & you should be able to play in windowed mode next time you run FM09 :thup:

Make sure FM09 is off while using this method of selecting windowed mode.

Not sure how you do it on Vista, but if on XP, click on Start and select the run command. Type dxdiag into the dialog box that appears and click ok. An application will start that tests/ records all the technical info on your PC (driver versions etc) and there's an option to save all information (which stores it as a text file).

If you copy that text file onto here, one of the guys who understand the technicaliteis will be able to look at it and see if there's a problem there.

That's about as far as I'll be able to get you I'm afraid, but there are some guys around here who are very clued up about PC's.

Hope you get it sorted quickly.

mythos1981,

I had the same problem as you during the demo and when the full version was released and patched. I followed the advice given by SI to play the game in windowed mode but I didn't enjoy playing it (it felt weird). So what I did was start a new game, play the first match of pre-season in windowed mode, then after that change your settings back to the default resoloution. When I did this there was no more crashes ever! I can now even load up a brand new game play the first match without any crashes. I have a similar spec computer to yours. Hope it works for you.

Archived