Problem With Scouting Players

I am the manager of Man u and my scout and assman have very high attributes especially the judging current ability and judging potential they are both 18+.

When i scout a player i view the report card and i only sign players that have been given a 4or 5 star rating. When a player signs for my team i immediatley check the coach report and then sometimes they have been given a 3 star rating. During the course of the season the rating sometimes goes up and down.

This gets on my nerves so much because i want to buy the best young players then it tells me he only has the potential to be a decent player. The same thing happened on FM 08.

Is this a bug?

Has anyone else had the same promblem?

Before a player signs for you he is rated in more relations. In relation to the mass, you league, your team and his general standard. When he signs for you he is mostly compared to your team and also the league standards. Also if you have one player who stands out in particular, IE rated 7 stars, he is compared to that player. So if he is normally a 4-5 star player, he will be held to comparison with your 7 star player and will "drop" in rating. Off course you are a mature guy and can't be arsed what anybody thinks since you did some thorough scouting and evaluating yourself before signing the lad.

Archived