Please Help Quick Answer Needed.....

After not having any problems like many have faced with the new FM I am now unable to launch my game.

I have read all the sticky messages but find nothing to relate to the problem I have, maybe I am being blind and would be gratefull to be pointed in the right direction.

THE PROBLEM..... upon launching the game through Steam I am asked to input my activation code then getting an ERROR -819 message.

I wouldnt mind but I am 6 games from the end of my first season so this is extremely frustrating.

Sorry for what is sure to be a repost but any hep would be great.

It "could" fix the issue steve, you can find your saved games in My Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2009 > Matches

Simply copy and paste the file(s) in there to your desktop and uninstall.

Yeah checked that, my error code gets a mention but no answer!

Hmmpff! Thanks anyway, would uninstalling and re-installing solve this? but mean I would lose my game?

It might solve it. You shouldn't lose your game if you find it and back it up in a folder somewhere else. Not sure what OS you have, but it is generally in My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\Games.

The thread does give you an email address to contact, and posting in the thread may help as it is fairly prominent.

Right, new problem guys........

Having reinstalled I now get an XML error when trying to load a new game up. I have read the instructions on how to fix this however the command I am told to input - "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences - is not allowed and I get a message saying -

"The name ""C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2009\fm.exe"--reset_preferences Specified in the target box is not valid. Make sure path and file name are correct.

Now I know the middle part of that file name is different but when I change that I get the same message!

PLEASE HELP.......3 DAYS, 0 FM09 GAMES PLAYED!

Archived