Losing Money - Yet I am within wage budget limits

Your wage budget doesn't always mean you'll stay above the red. Get your calculator out (Start>accessories) :D, and work out how much you're spending a year on wages and so on. If you look at the other financial sections you can see where you are making a loss. The most common cause is outstanding loan debts. When you get enough money via winning or by whatever means, sometimes the board will opt to pay loans off with the money, although I would really like an option for me as a manager at the start of the season (when you get your transfer budgets) to say "I only need this amount, please use rest for debt repayment".

Or have "pay some debt off" request option in the board section.

take a look at your finances screen. If your expenditure is higher than your income then naturally your clubs financial state will worsen over time. In most cases this will be okay if you can manage to make some money on the transfer market and your club gets a decent amount from sponsors at start seasons.

You'll note that there is more than just wages to consider. To be honest this is the clubs problems since they have given you a salary budget and if you are within this budget then it's not your fault. Sadly the game doesn't always use this logic so you might want to go a bit further below your wage budget in order to help the club out.

Also check your attendance record's in your fixture list, SI checking out something that another user & myself put out there as there is a problem with some people's save's where your attendance is way down even though your season ticket holder's have more ticket's then those who actually attend the game (make sense?)

So far i've lost arouns £7.5m in lost revenue.

Or have "pay some debt off" request option in the board section.

I would LOVE that feature...

I hate sitting with like 20m that I wont use in transfer kitty... Pay off the debt.... I would rather my club viable long term then sitting there doing nothing...

Or Even to ask to use transfer budget to build structures, like to assist with stadium expansion of improving youh/training facilities....

:D Please SI :D

My thoughts exactly, I'm Newcastle and we SUPPOSEDLY have 100m or so in debt, I have about 40m left in my transfer budget, and I'm not going to use any save for a few cheap youth players, we could use some of that to pay some debt off and reduce interest payments...

I have the same problem playing my first few seasons with Forest Green Rovers. Both years I have been below budget, had strong cup runs, and had a title win in Blue Square South followed by an overachieving 3rd place in Blue Square Premier. Started with club 700k in debt - two years later I am pretty much the same. I agree with the post that you should be able to approach board about paying down debt, or adjusting budget to allow this, instead of treading water. It seems like they don't take into account any loan payments when they come up with budget.

Tip for lower league managers, stack your preseason with home friendlies against high profile teams. I managed to get 7 games against Premier and Championship teams in my 3rd year, and it looks like I'll actually manage to put a dent in my debt finally.

My thoughts exactly, I'm Newcastle and we SUPPOSEDLY have 100m or so in debt, I have about 40m left in my transfer budget, and I'm not going to use any save for a few cheap youth players, we could use some of that to pay some debt off and reduce interest payments...

but the board might want you to spend your money on better players, after all it is their decision on what to do with it

Archived