So angered about this....

Sy13

I have brilliant tactics set up that rip everyone apart when I play at home. I am winning every home game 3 or 4 nil easily and have won the last 13 on the spin. But I CANNOT score let alone win away from home. It's so stupid.

Even the teams at the bottom are beating me 1-nil and my players get ratings of around 6.1 instead of 8.2-ish. It just wouldn't happen. Why?

I've tweaked my tactics to compensate for being away, e.g. a little more defensive, target man set, lower creative freedom. I just don't get it.

Any tips??

home/away bonus is higher than previous versions.

your tactics might be as good as you think.

ai tends to attack at home and defend away.

there are many reasons.

I have terrible trouble winning against weaker opponents away. there is a press conference about it so presumably its more 'statistical probabilities' stacked against you.

have fun!

btw. read the TT&F if you havent already .. and reconsider your use of OI's.

There are many more reasons why you can easily win at home while suffer away. It could be the tactics you are using or even the players in the line up. You could possibly write a book on how you can go about the tactics but the best possible way to is view the match. Look at how your players play away from home while also havin look at the home games at the same period.

If then you can know how you concede goals which, for me, the best way you can improve your team. If you can explore your weaknesses before your opponents do then you are in good hands.

It would help a lot if you can tell what team you are managing and what players you got. On top of that, what formation and tactics you are using. People here don't read minds, mate. ;)

"It just wouldn't happen."

Oh but you are mistaken. A very solid and good example on how mental blocks can play a huge factor in football is Celtic! If I remember the statistics correctly they haven't won 52 away champions league matches in a row, and only 3 of them where draws. (IF I remember correctly ;) ). Recently they lost 2-1 against AaB. While Celtic didn't play all to good, Aalborg made a handfull of fatal mistakes that Celtic should have taken advantage of. Sure enough they toss away a 1-0 lead and end up walking away with a 1-2 defeat. Being danish I could only smile about this, but Celtic have turned this into a curse and it's affecting them in a horrible way. 4th place in the group, ouch :D

Always Tactics!

IRL no team bothers as much as much about tactics as FM makes you bother. Look at the facts, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd nearly always play the same 11 and play the same way. Barring injury or suspension they always use the same formations home or away. They win some and lose some but its not based on tactics but on player form and player confidence levels/ability. You may see slight tweaks during matches to compensate for various factors (injury, speed, fouls, positioning) but you would never see these teams changin their 11 or their formation based on a game. It just doesn't happen IRL.

its cause the games **** mate, people who know their football know the games totally unrealistic. Player ratings are never right, team talks are not result dependant its ****ing stupid.

If you want to make a football game SI at least make it realistic.

Always Tactics!

IRL no team bothers as much as much about tactics as FM makes you bother. Look at the facts, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd nearly always play the same 11 and play the same way. Barring injury or suspension they always use the same formations home or away. They win some and lose some but its not based on tactics but on player form and player confidence levels/ability. You may see slight tweaks during matches to compensate for various factors (injury, speed, fouls, positioning) but you would never see these teams changin their 11 or their formation based on a game. It just doesn't happen IRL.

Sorry, mate, but I think you're desperately mistaken on this point. You certainly do see teams rotate personnel depending upon the type of tactics they plan for a match. A mid-table team might often take off an attacker to play a 4-5-1 with a deep DM or an extra defender when playing one of the big four. A big key to success is a team keeping its shape and remaining organized. Even the flashier clubs have to mind their boss's tactics or find themselves throttled.

I don't know where you get this idea at all...

Archived