Very Frustrated, y so many problems??? why all the new activation stuff i.e steam??

Hi there im a football manager fan and have had every game going, i love the game and most of the features, every year i just install the game and away i go, but this year it seems that they have introduced this "steam" thing that if im honest dont really understand it?? i am ok with pc's and my knowledge is sufficient to be able to know what im doing but y change from the old set up system, if someone can tell me why then there is no problem and i would fully understand but im sure im not the only one who is frustrated and confused, if i am then silly me,

if anyone else has got an opinion or an explanation then i would fully welcome it,

i would like to emphasise the fact i am not moaning about bugs or whatever i would just be interested in other peoples comments and maybe reasons why.

for now i will just b playing FM2008 i think.

You _DONT_ have to use steam, you can still buy the game from the shops or on amazon/play or any other online reseller!

What part of steam do you not understand? I've been using it since it was in beta (tfc ftw) and might be able to help a little :)

The reason for Steam is so that people who prefer not to/can't go out and buy the real thing can get it, you don't have to use it. Millions of users already use Steam and it's pretty well known. If you don't want to use it, you can activate other ways.

just the whole you have to log into steam then load the game then put in ur keycode,

i know theres help from the si team and thats good but if they know all the answers why not put them into all the games in the first place.

ive put my activation key in and played for a while 2-3 hours then went to go back on it 2day and they want the key again so i looked for another answer from the si team which to be fair was there, then they said i have to download this and unzip that and i dont have the software to unzip files (my problem i know) but should i have to be doing all this???

how do i unzip files anyway??

If its a .zip file, go to www.google.co.uk and seach for winzip or winRAR, both programs have free trial periods (winRAR is free forever in some versions), this will then let you unzip the file SI sent to you. Although if SI are sending you files to fix this, it sounds like its a problem with FM combined with steam, not steam itself :(

:mad:same with me buddy, problem after problem after problem, half a game thats wot we got sold we have to programme the rest for it to bloody run

Have you given Bardi a screenshot of your error message yet? It seems a bit odd that an SI bod was helping you half an hour ago but you've since stopped posting in that thread and instead just posted moans.

I felt kinda sorry for you, not everyone in the world is used to computers and downloading files with funny extensions, heres two links :-

http://www.winzip.com/downwz.htm - this one downloads winzip, select (half way down the page, in orange.) "Download Evaluation" - note winzip has been a part of windows for ages so I'm suprised you dont already have it :D

http://www.vvinrar.net/uk/ - winRAR is slightly harder to use but can open several types of compressed files, including ZIP files - click descarreger to download the program, if you get stuck, Private Message me :)

-------

Once you have downloaded either program and installed, find the file SI got you to download, double click on it, drop and drag the file to where SI told you to put it (if you cant find that location, post it here and ill tell you how to get there).

Run STEAM and the game :)

If this sounds pedantic, or like I'm taking the mick, I'm not :D

The winzip program will only work for the trial period, however, any files you extract from a zip file are use-able after the trial period runs out. Basically a ZIP file is like putting your clothes (PC Files) in a bag (ZIP Folder), as long as you take out your clothes, it doesn't matter what happens to the bag :D

Is the activator and launcher icons what SI told you to download? If so they should have given you instructions on what to do with them :)

[EDIT: For the person below :)]

I'm not sure if you can go over the trial period, ever since XP was released you can uncompress zip files by double clicking on them :p this is from memory of about 4/5 years ago

:mad:same with me buddy, problem after problem after problem, half a game thats wot we got sold we have to programme the rest for it to bloody run

Well said. The reason its being done through these is stop pirates playing three days before us 'loyal customers'. I really couldn't care less about pirates playing it three days before me when I haven't been able to play it for 2 weeks now! Its good that theyre working on the problem but its like Ford bringing out a new car and the stereo doesn't work

Archived