My Scout keeps firing blanks!!!

Hi All

I'm currently trying to do the conference to prem challenge as York. With no transfer budget at all I was under the impression that scouting would be the way forward. I keep sending the lad out to find me a brazilian wonderkid but he keeps coming back with no results. I'm now fourth in D1 after three seasons and during the course of all three seasons my scout hasn't come back with a single player? I realise I may not be able to attract superb players but surely I could attract someone so why does he keep coming back with no one??

Any ideas??

Hi All

I'm currently trying to do the conference to prem challenge as York. With no transfer budget at all I was under the impression that scouting would be the way forward. I keep sending the lad out to find me a brazilian wonderkid but he keeps coming back with no results. I'm now fourth in D1 after three seasons and during the course of all three seasons my scout hasn't come back with a single player? I realise I may not be able to attract superb players but surely I could attract someone so why does he keep coming back with no one??

Any ideas??

• SI Staff

A scout will only return with players who he believes are viable signings for your club, ie. someone who will get a work permit and also be interested in the move.

I'm guessing that there simply aren't any Brazillians who want to move to an English lower league side ...

I've tuned scouting for the next version so they will return more 'borderline' players and thus you'll find more people through them.

PS> This 'filtering' is required - if you think about it otherwise you'd have the scout returning big name stars who you have no hope of signing ...

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thebank:

So would you reccomend scouting different regions or simply wait till I'm in a higher league? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you're a smaller club then I'd suggest scouting domestically (which includes Ireland, Wales and Scotland if you're an English club) initially - simply because you won't be able to persuade that many foreign players to move to England to join you.

PS> Obviously over time as your club (hopefully) gets a bigger reputation you can branch out and look abroad as you'd expect ..

Scouting has always been at best questionable in the game but setting your sights lower is a good start. scouting specific competitions is also better than general seartches. Scout in your own league and the one below you and equivalent leagues close to you.

Archived