My game is too slow, so I'm gonna upgraded my PC...

Will the changes make much difference? Or is it just wiser to wait for new patch & hope for game processing speed improvement/buy a new PC?

My PC currently is Windows XP, Pentium 4 3.06GHz, 512 mb RAM, ATI Radeon 9250

The upgrade will be of 2gb in memeory if it supports it, alternatively 1gb if not and AGP graphics card - geforce 7300gt

Thoughts please.

Will the changes make much difference? Or is it just wiser to wait for new patch & hope for game processing speed improvement/buy a new PC?

The upgrade will be of 2gb in memeory if it supports it, alternatively 1gb if not and AGP graphics card - geforce 7300gt

Thoughts please.

cpu is fine.

extra ram will make big difference.

graphics? just buy a cheap 6600gt or something off ebay.

Think there seems to be a performance issue on Quad cores, my C2D runs the thing pretty speedily.

Thoughts please.

Its a bit of an old system but the best upgrade you canmake is to upgrade the ram to 2gb. 512mb is really not enough - Good luck :)

Most of the people I've seen complaining that the game is running a lot slower than expected have been using quads, specifically the kentsfield series.

Yeah. This was also discussed pre-release that dual would do better than quad. I'm no technical mastermind and I have the memory of a guppy, but I do remember it being talked about.

It makes hardly NO difference. I got a 4gb Q6600 beast with 1gb 9800GT card and its STILL slow. I no for a fact it aint my pc as Farcry2, both Crysis and Dead Space all run on max settings with no problems whatsoever :cool:

Running on 4GB q6700 with Geforce GTX 896MB and it's very frustrating at times. It's just jerky.

All other games are fine.

Yeah but mine is unplayable slow. Its like being a real Football Manager where a week of games takes a whole day of real time.

Your problem I think will mainly be just an old system. If you have a virus checker auto-protect running disable it while playing, and try setting the priority of the fm.exe process to high in task manager.

A bit more ram of course will probably help :)

Thoughts please.

Your Radeon card is not good enough, the minimum requirement is 9800 I think. I had a 9600 and couldn't play using the 3D mode, and even 2D was jerky, and the game would crash occasionally. I bought myself a Geforce NX7600GS for around 50 quid and everything runs fine now. I would add more ram too, I also had 512mb and upgraded to 1gb, the difference isn't blatant to me though tbh.

Your upgrade sounds good though.

man my game runs REALLY REALLY SLOW, in general, not only the matches.... my computer is: a Pentium 4 with 2.93 GHZ and 1,99GB of RAM....

any suggestions?

Got it done on Saturday, massive improvement. Upped the RAM to 1.5 in the end, got the graphics card and the dust removed from my system, lol. Runs better than FM 08 now! Just about to enter in my second season, after playing it Sunday night and tonight, where as it had taken me from FM release date till Saturday morning, just to get into October in the same FM season!

Archived