Liverpool gone bankrupt on anyone else's game?

BBB

They're currently 7th in my game in 2010/11 so if they fail to make the champions league this year I think they will struggle financially next year, and they have spent quite big during the summer so there is an air of expectancy about their demise in my game.

It all depends on how things pan out.

Havent seen this on FM2009 yet because I'm not playing in England. In FM2008 this happened quite regularly with both Liverpool and Man United. Its because of all the debt that their American owners have taken on.

Its unrealistic. Football clubs rarely go bankrupt because banks have one rule for them and another for everyone else. On top of this these are BIG clubs and the chance of seeing such a situation develop is extremely rare as rightly pointed out before, many willing investors looking around for playthings.

There is another post on a similar issue with Bayern Munich which again just wouldn't happen. Ironically you dont see many of the smaller teams in FM going bust which IRL is MORE likely.

Now let's hope it happens in RL

I wouldn't wish to see any club go bankrupt, even the clubs I hate most such as Man Utd and Wednesday. I'm sure the comment was said in jest but I know that many people do have this attitude towards certain clubs and it's only when you've been really close to losing your club when you realise how tough it'd be for your own club to fold. When we (Rotherham) hit real financial trouble earlier this spring/summer it got to the stage where the fans were seriously having to prepare for life without RUFC. When I contemplated it, I realised that if the Millers were to fold I could no longer have the love for football that I currently do. I reckon I'd completely lose my faith and passion for the game, and ultimately this would lead to me not playing FM anymore :(

PS I'm surprised that this has happened. I posed the question a few months back on here whether anybody has seen a club go bust on FM and a few people replied that SI would come in for legal bother if they made a club go bankrupt on FM!

Went bust in 2016 on mine. Took Torres at 32 (still quality) for £2.5M and Babel at 29 for £6.5M.

They didn't qualify for the Champions League for years and kept mainly the same squad which became old very quickly on huge wages. They've still got Robbie Keane at and Gerrard at 35 and 36 on an absolute packet.

Edit to say, they don't go bust and disappear or anything similar, they just go into administration and get docked points and will accept pretty much any bid for their players. Seemed to happen an awful lot pre-patch on FM08, i had a game where at least 2 clubs a season were going from the Premiership

Its unrealistic. Football clubs rarely go bankrupt because banks have one rule for them and another for everyone else. On top of this these are BIG clubs and the chance of seeing such a situation develop is extremely rare as rightly pointed out before, many willing investors looking around for playthings.

There is another post on a similar issue with Bayern Munich which again just wouldn't happen. Ironically you dont see many of the smaller teams in FM going bust which IRL is MORE likely.

They still can go into administration though IRL - look at Leeds. Debt can cripple eventually, no matter how big the club.

They still can go into administration though IRL - look at Leeds. Debt can cripple eventually, no matter how big the club.

Still, by 2011 I'm sure the fan takeover would have generated enough money to make a decent offer, and DIC have been buzzing around now, and as soon as the Americans started to show any weakness they would swoop. It is possible, but not at all likely.

Archived