Strange Transfer Dealings ??????

I sold kerrison to Inter milan only 6 month ago for 20m, yet again the AI doesnt play this 20m striker, he rotts away outside the 1st team. So i go check the transfer market, hes got a transfer request put in and the asking fee is ZERO (0) , so i chance it, think naaa no way thats right, i offer the 0 fee, its accepted (OMG) thats so so wrong.

I'm finding some very odd transfer dealings in my current (patched) game. As Newcastle, in pre-season of season 4, I sold Alfonso Alves to Sporting for £8.75m. Immediately they put his status as 'not needed', transfer list him and put him in the reserves! Also Chelsea signed Kightly and Ashton in season 3 only to transfer list them straight away. Ashton played 3 times and Kightly didn't make a single appearance.

Likewise at Man City, there seems to be no thought whatsoever behind their transfer dealings. Everyone knows they need combative central midfielders in real life, but in the first season they signed literally about 8 of them, meaning Kompany got stuck in the reserves. He played 6 times in the first season and then didn't feature at all in the next 2, but he stayed with them.

I was also able to sign Craig Gordon and Julio Baptista for free. They were transfer listed but their contracts still had a fair few years to run. Surely they would ask for £1m or something for these guys, at least. Letting them go for free when they were under contract is ridiculous, especially as they were both worth quite a bit.

I'm enjoying FM 09 a lot but this revamped transfer system SI were on about seems like a step backwards. AI transfers seem to be conducted with no thought whatsoever.

This would be a real step backwards if it is the case. AI transfers on previous versions have always been a bit dodgy, particularly the further you get into the game. However, by the final patch of FM07 it seemed like it was well on the way to being fixed, if not quite perfect.

I've not bought the game yet, but I intend to. However, if we're again seeing this kind of daft AI squad sense again that would really put me off. Can anyone from SI confirm if it's a problem that's being looked at?

Archived