Quick newbie question?

Just bought my copy of FM2009, and I will start playing it, as soon as I get my computer fine tuned to take the pain of the marathon playing. My question is, how much heavier FM2009 is compared to FM2008? FM2008 runs smoothly with huge database and 21 divisions on my computer. Do I have even a chance to run FM2009 with these kind of settings?

AMD Athlon 64 3700+

2GB RAM

Geforce 7600 GT

Here's to end of real life, cheers!

AndyFin

Yes you should be OK I think. The key is that you have 2 GB of RAM. The game itself is very heavy on the CPU and even the higher end CPU's have a hard time running this game while keeping the usage at a nice level.

However I say you will be OK because I have similar specs and run the game without an issue. I use 30 leagues most in view only though. I find the speed to be about the same as 08 on my PC.

Hopefully uor graphics card works OK too.

Thanks stokes_83

Just started installing the game, and there are two choices Steam or Uniloc. It says steam will automatically update my game, sounds great. But sounds also like it could mess up a game, that was started with previous patch. So is there any disadvantages, if I choose uniloc instead of steam.

EDIT: Went with uniloc, better safe than sorry. 25mins to complete downloading 9.1.0 patch. Time to go make some coffee, so I can stay awake all night long.

Archived