Buying Old legends or Players/Staff

Hi FM Lovers!

I just wanted to know how many like minded people do what I try.

I like to try and hire ex-players onto my coaching staff, not really fussed on how good they are. I also check the favoured people at my club and try hire them.

I also, either if Ive sold or they are gone before I take over my club, try to get some ex players back.

For example I am reading fc, I sold harper and doyle in my 2nd season, and now I have secured them back for 500k and 6mill.

Sold harps for 5 mill so Ive made 4.5 mill and sold doyle 11mill so made 5mill.

With players though I do like them to be good.

I also got a club legend Phil Parkinson, back as my assistant.

In my career game on FM08, all my coaching staff was made up of coaches who'd been playing in the recent IRL past. So I had coaches like David Norris (yeah, yeah), Dean Beckwith (ex Gills player), Kevin Doye and so on.

Not so bothered about getting ex-players back, although if I do manage to do well with Gillingham I do try to bring back Blackburn's reserve goalkeeper Jason Brown to Gillingham.

for a past few seasons i always sign Georgi Kinkladze for Man City, he was and probably still is my favourite player ever, so that when he retires he can become a coach at the club, sadly i feel this season may be his last in FM so im making the most of it now, im sure hes better this year than he was last year though because last year you could sign him in the lower leagues and now i have a Chester save (which im also writing a story on in the FM Stories section if u want to read it) and he just wont sign for me at all....gutted!

Well I brought Fowler to Aberdeen with the intention of him becoming a coach. I also see Kahn is available is available as a keeper coach. Too bad the Aberdeen board won't allow me to have more than 6 coaches. :(

fowler is really bad on 09 in my games. how is he for you? really lazy and for some reason has been given pace score of 5. even my one legged granny could manage a 5.

fowler is really bad on 09 in my games. how is he for you? really lazy and for some reason has been given pace score of 5. even my one legged granny could manage a 5.

Ohh he's slow, don't get me wrong. But you have to remember I'm playing as Aberdeen and on top of being broke, we're not all that great. He's a real poacher though, he's made 15 appearances for the club and netted 6 times. He's a real technical striker with good attacking attributes and high mental attributes, however as you said he's slow.

I brought him in with the intention of hiring him as a coach and allowing him to tutor Maguire, the goals have been a pleasant surprise.

Plus, I'm a Liverpool fan. ;)

I brought in Fowler for my Southampton game on a free, he's heading up my tweaked 4-3-3/4-5-1 tactic, he's played well so far, only 3 games (2 as sub, then a start)in but he scored a cracking free-kick on his debut.

I try and get ex-players back to the club but there isn't alot around at the moment.

also sidibe would be ok for the gills?

Sidebe wasn't at the Priestfield for long, but long enough to get cult status with some fans, and long enough for me to be happy when he scores in the EPL in real life. But I've never noticed him being a coach in my games so never signed him.

On FM08 when rooney was close to retirement i kept saying what a good coach he would make, i kept doing it and his status went from not staying in the game to definatly staying in the game, once he retired, i hired him. **** coach, but he was my fifty goal a season man, i felt i had to keep him in the game, just to remind me of the good old days!

Archived