About to buy via Steam now, couple of Q's

Hi,

I am just about to buy FM09 via that Steam (because just home from the town and sold out everywhere). I have a couple of simple questions I would apprieciate if folks WHO HAVE BOUGHT IT THIS WAY/or SI can please answer me.

1. Can I buy it using a Visa Electron card?

2. How long does it take approx?

3. How long do you think it will be before I am setting up my first save?

4. Will the first patch be automatically in my purchase?

Probably silly questions to all those who already have the game, but just please answer if you can.

Thanks

TFM

try and find out

depends on your internet

no idea

no but it will download it automatically as far as i remember

1) yes you can, if there isn't an electron option in the card type drop down menu, use visa and make sure you enter the issue number and start date in the card details form.

2) providing that you have a fast net connection it should be very quick, I don't think steam are releasing new games this weekend.

3) 4 hours, max

4) steam will install the first patch as part of the initial download, it will also download any future patches automatically (it won't apply any new

patch untill you have opened the game)

1. Your card must be "embossed" one to be accepted over internet (some providers can accept also the "electronic" ones). I am not sure with this issue on Steam.

2. The download will start just after providing card details and acceptance of card (see My Games in Steam client and click download). There is no need to wait for your payment - this payment will be physically executed next day or more (depending on weekends).

3. I have dowloaded it around 1 MB per second. Just the time to prepare some coffee or breakfast :) very quick.

4. Yes it is installed in it. No patching needed.

I know this is a bit of a bad post but how can you call £25 ish a rip off? Some games a double that! But you can get it cheap on play.com although it would be quicker to use steam, Especially if you love a long way from a games shop

Considering you don't get anything physically then £25 is a rip off. Installing games digitally should be a minimum of £14 or £15 as you're not getting any manual or disc, meaning less cost in terms of a license cost.

Also Steam do not give refunds, which is just wrong and their customer support is appallingly Bad.

Thanks for the replies folks!

I have bought it via Steam...all in all costing me £30.60 (its £29.99 in GAME so saved on busfares up town), the whole getting something for your money....I dont really care about that, I pay my money and I get my game!

It said it would take approx 30 mins to install.....about 30 mins ago, and only at 50%!! My PC is a bit older tho so to be expected!

I will probably not even play it today as going out for a game of snooker and then a few(erm cough, loads) lagers/vodkas anyway - so as long as I have it to sit here and watch the Hearts v Rangers game on Setanta the morn I'll be happy!

I'm just currently hunting about getting all my backgrounds/skins/logo/facepacks downloaded and extracted ready to chuck straight in once its finished.

Thanks for the replies folks!

I have bought it via Steam...all in all costing me £30.60 (its £29.99 in GAME so saved on busfares up town)' date=' the whole getting something for your money....I dont really care about that, I pay my money and I get my game!

It said it would take approx 30 mins to install.....about 30 mins ago, and only at 50%!! My PC is a bit older tho so to be expected!

I will probably not even play it today as going out for a game of snooker and then a few(erm cough, loads) lagers/vodkas anyway - so as long as I have it to sit here and watch the Hearts v Rangers game on Setanta the morn I'll be happy!

I'm just currently hunting about getting all my backgrounds/skins/logo/facepacks downloaded and extracted ready to chuck straight in once its finished.[/quote']

Goodluck with steam, you'l need it mate!

you should of just got it from the box @ game, less trouble. £27.99 at my Game in newcastle ;) but i only paid £17.99

good luck and enjoy :p..I guess with steam it's personal preference, some people prefere to have something physical for their cash, some just want the game on their pc in a quick as possible way, take myself as an example, I live about 25mins away from a town or shop that sells games, so the cost of travelling and purchase would be higher than steams and as with all online stores you need to wait for delivery, unless you pay for next day delivery which pushes the price up again!

I wish the days of non localised buying on steam were still here, but they aren't and the game in particular, in my eyes isn't expensive considering you get it within a few hours and it's impossible to scratch steam! :)

good luck and enjoy :p..I guess with steam it's personal preference, some people prefere to have something physical for their cash, some just want the game on their pc in a quick as possible way, take myself as an example, I live about 25mins away from a town or shop that sells games, so the cost of travelling and purchase would be higher than steams and as with all online stores you need to wait for delivery, unless you pay for next day delivery which pushes the price up again!

I wish the days of non localised buying on steam were still here, but they aren't and the game in particular, in my eyes isn't expensive considering you get it within a few hours and it's impossible to scratch steam! :)

You would be fooked if steam closed down tho :p Would be a bit worse then scratched lol

Archived