players with no pace regularly out sprinting faster defenders?

is this a known issue?

example: grant holt has pace 11 and accel 12 and he just score two goals against me by running 30 yards with the ball (dribbling 8!) skinning two defenders one a full back with pace 17 and accel 15, leaving them for dead before scoring placed shots like ronaldo. only he isn't ronaldo he's grant holt and this is shrewshbury town.

this is just one example. not me coming to complain because i got beat onnce. :)

this seems to happen a lot in the current match engine, I have got really frustrated with this.:mad: it makes every game like playing manchester utd. even if the stats are poor for opposition ai, the players all seem to have amazing hidden talent. this makes tactics hard/pointless because man marking or closing down do not seem to dent their amazing hidden abilities.

is this a known issue?

example: grant holt has pace 11 and accel 12 and he just score two goals against me by running 30 yards with the ball (dribbling 8!) skinning two defenders one a full back with pace 17 and accel 15, leaving them for dead before scoring placed shots like ronaldo. only he isn't ronaldo he's grant holt and this is shrewshbury town.

this is just one example. not me coming to complain because i got beat onnce. :)

this seems to happen a lot in the current match engine, I have got really frustrated with this.:mad: it makes every game like playing manchester utd. even if the stats are poor for opposition ai, the players all seem to have amazing hidden talent. this makes tactics hard/pointless because man marking or closing down do not seem to dent their amazing hidden abilities.

Yes ive noticed this as well, i have a left back with pace and acceleration of 16 and 17 respectively who all game got consistenly outpaced by some guy 13 in both and his dribbling was only around 13. To compound the issue it wasnt even like my left back had a bad game, he played a 7.2.

Its almost like winger behaviour is currently not displaying properly, cause by the same token srna who plays on my right wing often gets 7.2 ratings and has Pace/accel of 16 each dribbling of around 17 and crossing i think is 20 yet he very rarely outpaces an opposing left back, i imagine its my tactics to some degree and the ME just not representing whats really happening properly but its very frustrating.

well i think it because game scale up when you move up a league or get promoted or something. like making it harder? i dunno becauase I play in L1 before and found ai to be just as bad as my players. now I move up division, get better club and better player (better than division average player) it suddenly seem the ai getting big boosts to its individual performance.

I not like this. prefer it to be consistent. in lower league the match have few example of individual magic that why they lower league. the game should be more strength and physicality.

but game trying to make itself harder I think by giving ai modifiers to its player stats or something. I not like to accuse ai of cheating because I not seen this in previous games, just bad tactic. but ai certainly getting bonus to its stats or 3d not representing this properly.

I dunno but it ruin game for me. needs to be that if I tell a fast good marker to mark a slow strong striker out of game he should have success unless random variables go against me. as is, player can simply turn on magic and whatever I try to plan mean nothing. this make it too arcade mode play not strategy game. :(

Archived