The GD Clan

Hope none of the mods mind me opening this in readiness for our clan. We will add more to it later. We need it up in advance to sort the details out, we have nowhere in GQ to discuss them.

So guys what set up are we running then?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hope none of the mods mind me opening this in readiness for our clan. We will add more to it later. We need it up in advance to sort the details out, we have nowhere in GQ to discuss them.

So guys what set up are we running then?

Set-up as in PC specs, or internet speed? Or game set-up? I'm still reading the basics in the sticky. :D

yeah 09 assuming we all have it. If we are starting in Champ then I call Southampton, assuming no-one minds

EDIT: my missus is from Southampton

Damn I wanted Southampton, its my hometown and the team I support :(

Hmm guess I'll have to take Reading then. :D

Damn I wanted Southampton, its my hometown and the team I support :(

Hmm guess I'll have to take Reading then. :D

It's ok, you take Saints, I'll take Doncaster (where I went to uni) although when you get sacked I'm taking your job! :D

Who is hosting? (I'm happy to but if someone has a really top end computer they might be a better choice)

Definitely FM2009

From experience, a good idea is:

- English League only down to League 2

- We all start in the Championship

- We don't watch friendlies

- Everyone watches matches at least Key Highlights and a 2 notches up on the speed bar.

Some general notes

- There is an in-game turn timer to stop the whole game halting when someone randomly goes AFK

- It'll be slow going for the first couple of months whilst people sort out signing and tactics

- It's quite slow in general and the in-game chat isn't that fantastic, usually it's best to have a group chat-room outside of the game for random chat, I recommend IRC.

I'm happy to host, I have a top of the range gaming PC and steady connection.

Aye Aye Scottie.

If you're interested in IRC, I recommend you download mIRC and figure out how to get on the Quakenet network - I'll set up a room when I get home later.

We'll get started at around 6:00pm tonight - remember you can join in any time after this.

Can I get a definite list of attendees and what club you want please:

CaptainPlanet - Nottingham Forest

I too have a gaming PC and a good Internet connection, but I'm happy for CP to host - again, he seems to know what he's doing and I've never played an online FM game before. Throwing my hat into the ring on this as well. Obviously can't be Gillingham, so can I please call Ipswich, Reading, QPR, Watford or Southampton? They're the only Southern teams in that division I don't hate. So basically, anyone but a Northern team or Norwich or Crystal Palace! :D

If someone supports any of the teams I've listed, I'll let them have it, but my first choice would be Ipswich. :thup:

Oh, and bookmarked.

Thought I'd do this so we've got it down in words.

Teams:

CaptainPlanet - Nottingham Forest

Celtic - Doncaster

Suzie - Sheff Utd

Gillsman - Ipswich

Djwilko - Southampton

Me - Swansea

Mike - Preston North End

My OCD won't allow me to ignore this. If you're going to put Nottingham Forest and Preston North End, could you also please put Doncaster Rovers, Sheffield United, Ipswich Town and Swansea City? Please? For me?

It's ok, you take Saints, I'll take Doncaster (where I went to uni) although when you get sacked I'm taking your job! :D

Who is hosting? (I'm happy to but if someone has a really top end computer they might be a better choice)

Thanks, much appreciated, I'm going to enjoy my relegation battle!

On a side note, my partner was brought up in Doncaster and I stayed there for a few months about 5 years ago, what a ****hole :p

Archived