Quick question what date does new regens come in?

The new season is generated on the 25th June for FM09, so teams moving to different leagues etc.

It was 20th June in previous versions.

I'm not at home at the moment to check when regens are created, but I would have thought it was on the 25th June as well.

Homer, it may possibly be a bug, either the contract start date, or the fact that things aren't happening until the 25th June but are really reflecting what should have happened on the 20th.

The new leagues definitely happens on the 25th because I have a saved game on the 24th as part of the Dafuge challenge where you save the game on the 24th June so you can keep reloading to get different teams promoted into the BSS/BSN.

"Go on holiday until 25th June, this shouldn't take too long, perhaps about an hour. Saving on 24th June may give you a better choice of teams by reloading the game then going on holiday for one day, I would strongly recommend trying this."

As I said, it used to be the 20th on previous versions.

Do we now get regens right at the beginning of the game?

I've just started and ICT have an amazing 16yo keeper, he's got a facegen pic, this is in Season 1 pre-season.

I *think* it's because some lower league clubs start off without proper youth teams, so the game generates regens to fill them. In my Saints game, I picked up an excellent looking English regen GK from Bury in January, and I've got a promising Irish regen MC arriving in July.

Very strange that we can't agree over what should be a clear factual issue. Can anyone confirm whether the switchover of 19/20 June or 24/25 June FOR ENGLAND?

Certainly in FM08 there was a big delay in loading at midnight 19/20 June as the game processed all sorts of seasonal changes - promotions, regens etc. So has it changed or not? Any other contributions?

Archived